Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Harry Met Family
When Harry Met Family
I didn't watch the Oprah interview with the x-Royal couple. But according to Harry the question was asked how the kid was going to be raised being of mixed race by someone in their close circle. If you are a bi racial couple, the obvious answer is BOTH. And I find the question odd and ignorant once one accepts that our species has always migrated and mixed. 

I didn't have kids myself, but I was married to a Japanese woman. I think any sane family member of such a couple should simply shut the fuck up and support the kid.
RE: When Harry Met Family
Actually, the answer (for this couple, at least) to the question, ‘How will your biracial child be raised?’ is ‘In an atmosphere of immense wealth, privilege and class distinction,  surrounded by a veritable army of servants.’

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Why are people so bothered about having a permanant tan?

How is brown skin different to having brown hair?

People are stupid!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

The question was actually how dark was the baby's skin going to be. I assume the person wondered about the chances of the child/children being passed off as lily white.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(March 9, 2021 at 2:29 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Why are people so bothered about having a permanant tan?

How is brown skin different to having brown hair?

People are stupid!

If you think about it -

President Trump put skin darkening compounds on his face - so technically -

The former president served four years of office in blackface......

Not a very good tone - but nonetheless.....
(March 9, 2021 at 2:32 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: The question was actually how dark was the baby's skin going to be.  I assume the person wondered about the chances of the child/children being passed off as lily white.

And who asked that?
(March 9, 2021 at 4:05 pm)Dundee Wrote:
(March 9, 2021 at 2:32 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: The question was actually how dark was the baby's skin going to be.  I assume the person wondered about the chances of the child/children being passed off as lily white.

And who asked that?

Harry won’t say who (just that it wasn’t the Queen or Phillip), but give the royal family’s track record of just-below-the-surface racism, I’m inclined to believe that the question was asked.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

And why would it matter, did anyone ask how dark the baby's hair would be?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(March 9, 2021 at 4:05 pm)Dundee Wrote:

And who asked that?

All they will say is that it was someone in the close circle of the family but was not the Queen or Prince Philip.  With all the beans spilled, they kept that under wraps.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(March 9, 2021 at 5:13 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote:

And why would it matter, did anyone ask how dark the baby's hair would be?

My first mother-in-law said she hoped the baby I was carrying would be a boy with dark hair and brown eyes like her son.  I told her I hoped she put her order in early.  

Of course, I had a girl with blonde hair and hazel eyes so the mother-in-law's wishing and hoping were of little use.  Daughter is still blonde so it wasn't that she was a tow-headed child whose hair darkened as she got older.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nine family members killed in US airstrike in Kabul targeting suspected ISIS-K bomber WinterHold 16 1066 August 31, 2021 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Night Court judge, actor Harry Anderson dies c172 9 1331 April 16, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Tax Bill: Pro-Life? Pro-Family?? Bullshit Minimalist 30 4138 April 14, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: John V
  Four kids & mom of Catholic family die in a house fire. Jehanne 114 17327 March 9, 2017 at 12:08 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  I feel sorry for the Kahn Family. Darwins Disciple 10 2748 November 25, 2016 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Fartwell Family now wants Jefferson's wall? Brian37 5 1171 February 19, 2016 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Drunk Driver kills family of 4, content warning MTL 14 3342 January 6, 2016 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Bishop escaped abuse charges after MPs and royal family intervened, court told TubbyTubby 39 4028 October 8, 2015 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Bin Laden family crashes another plane. Shinagami 18 4182 July 31, 2015 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Exian
  Steve wants a Family Feud, we can give him one. Brian37 14 2001 January 4, 2015 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Jackalope