Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drunk Driver kills family of 4, content warning
Drunk Driver kills family of 4, content warning
I just finished telling everyone about the case of Marco Muzzo in Vaughn, Ontario,
accused of impaired driving and killing three young siblings and their grandfather, a couple of months ago.

It made National news, but I guess it still wasn't enough of a warning for this woman,

[Image: cathie-mckay.JPG]

Catherine McKay of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan,
now accused of impaired driving
in a more recent accident that killed a family of four...the parents died at the scene,
their 2-year-old son and 5-year-old daughter dying shortly thereafter of injuries at the hospital.

full story here

I just hope that with each of these macabre stories,
that maybe one less person out there will think it will be okay to drive under the influence,
or look the other way when they see someone else about to do so.
RE: Drunk Driver kills family of 4, content warning
^she needs to be charged to homicide or something that is ridiculous
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 5, 2016 at 12:07 pm)dyresand Wrote: ^she needs to be charged to homicide or something that is ridiculous

Our laws are far too lax in Canada on most criminals, and certainly on drunk drivers.

It infuriates me.
If she was in the US she could claim "affluenza."
(January 5, 2016 at 12:18 pm)MTL Wrote:
(January 5, 2016 at 12:07 pm)dyresand Wrote: ^she needs to be charged to homicide or something that is ridiculous

Our laws are far too lax in Canada on most criminals, and certainly on drunk drivers.

It infuriates me.

Damn...  Undecided 

would they do anything if anything  else happens like that again because that is ridiculous.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 5, 2016 at 2:09 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(January 5, 2016 at 12:18 pm)MTL Wrote: Our laws are far too lax in Canada on most criminals, and certainly on drunk drivers.

It infuriates me.

Damn...  Undecided 

would they do anything if anything  else happens like that again because that is ridiculous.

yes...repeated or multiple convictions carry heavier penalties,

but it is maddening that the way the law presently sits,
this woman, if convicted of responsibility for all four deaths in one incident,
could serve those sentences CONCURRENTLY rather than CONSECUTIVELY.

She could conceivably be out in as little as four to six years, if this is her first offense,
even though that first offense ended four lives.

It's disgusting.
'impaired?'' That sounds like a way of excusing the person. It's a deliberate act to drink....and then drive drunk, there's really no excuses especially with how strict the laws are now, and all the education available on the topic. How sad Sad
Um, impaired driving ruined the ending for my favorite Tv show of all time. Well, I might give it a pass now that I realise what a piece of propaganda it is against drunk driving(the whole series is partly revolved around that moment, more or less).
(January 5, 2016 at 5:48 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: 'impaired?'' That sounds like a way of excusing the person. It's a deliberate act to drink....and then drive drunk, there's really no excuses especially with how strict the laws are now, and all the education available on the topic. How sad Sad

impaired- affected by alcohol or drugs to the extent of losing control over one's faculties or behavior

It does excuse the person, to a certain extent. It's not like they kill people deliberately. It does not excuse the fact that they consumed alcohol or drugs before driving, of course, but it's not the same as intentionally driving someone over with your car.
(January 5, 2016 at 5:56 pm)excitedpenguin Wrote:
(January 5, 2016 at 5:48 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: 'impaired?'' That sounds like a way of excusing the person. It's a deliberate act to drink....and then drive drunk, there's really no excuses especially with how strict the laws are now, and all the education available on the topic. How sad Sad

impaired- affected by alcohol or drugs to the extent of losing control over one's faculties or behavior

It does excuse the person, to a certain extent. It's not like they kill people deliberately. It does not excuse the fact that they consumed alcohol or drugs before driving, of course, but it's not the same as intentionally driving someone over with your car.

Yea, that's true. I don't like that word ''impaired'' though to define this. That's just me and my semantics. Sad

The thing is when I read stories like this, this woman knew the consequences, and no...she didn't 'set out' to kill anyone, but to drive your car under the influence of alcohol/drugs, it shows a gross lack of concern for others, if nothing else. But, in a sense that could be how addicted she may be to alcohol/drugs. It's a sad story for her, too, to have to live with what she's done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nine family members killed in US airstrike in Kabul targeting suspected ISIS-K bomber WinterHold 16 1080 August 31, 2021 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  When Harry Met Family Brian37 10 944 March 9, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 556 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Serious NEWS food warning..... Brian37 26 1846 November 22, 2018 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Sometimes Even Drunk Driving Works Out Well! Minimalist 5 927 June 6, 2018 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  C-130 crash kills at least 5 in GA c172 1 471 May 2, 2018 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Canada- another van kills 7 so far ignoramus 36 5082 April 25, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Tax Bill: Pro-Life? Pro-Family?? Bullshit Minimalist 30 4150 April 14, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: John V
  CA judge orders warning on coffee. brewer 15 1292 April 7, 2018 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Driver hits people in Manhattan; multiple deaths Foxaèr 129 10836 November 6, 2017 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Court Jester