Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depression
Depression
Depression is nothing more than a feeling of utter loss, you see you lose interest in so many things, becoming incapable of routine, incapable of daily everyday tasks.

You just stand with utter apathy in front of everything. Even writing this topic.

Apathy..
RE: Depression
(March 26, 2021 at 11:44 pm)WinterHold Wrote: Depression is nothing more than a feeling of utter loss, you see you lose interest in so many things, becoming incapable of routine, incapable of daily everyday tasks.

You just stand with utter apathy in front of everything. Even writing this topic.

Apathy..

It's a terrible thing to go through.

Please be good to yourself. Take your time and don't feel guilty if you need to crash for a while.
(March 26, 2021 at 11:44 pm)WinterHold Wrote: Depression is nothing more than a feeling of utter loss, you see you lose interest in so many things, becoming incapable of routine, incapable of daily everyday tasks.

Apathy..

Please take it seriously. Be well.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Apathy..

Taking your MS into consideration, it may be time to check in with your MD if you haven't already.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
With every difficulty, there is relief.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
As part and parcel of my mental illness I know too well the dredge lack of emotion within depression.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

Apathy..

No, it is a clinical definition. It can be summed up by effects of multiple factors affecting the brain. Not just loss of a loved one, but also PTSD in seeing trauma, physical and or emotional  abuse, or chemical dependency, but also can be genetic. 

https://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/c...depression
(March 27, 2021 at 6:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Apathy..

No, it is a clinical definition. It can be summed up by effects of multiple factors affecting the brain. Not just loss of a loved one, but also PTSD in seeing trauma, physical and or emotional  abuse, or chemical dependency, but also can be genetic. 

https://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/c...depression

Not helpful, Brian.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Apathy..

I don't know how things are as far as medical care where you are but there are medications that can greatly help with that.  I know there are as I have taken a couple different formulations over the years.  A couple things I have learned include that you have to give any of those medications time to build up in your system, and by time, it can be a few weeks.  The other thing is that it's often trial and error.  This past year it took three tries to find one that works well for me now.  One that had worked in the past just wasn't effective.  What I take now is a super low dosage but makes a huge difference.  Talk to your doc.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Depression MR. Macabre 666 18 894 October 3, 2023 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How do you deal with depression when you're out of touch with your emotions? Porcupine 25 2164 July 22, 2020 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Disability for depression? EgoDeath 19 1859 August 16, 2019 at 8:32 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Fighting Depression and Suicidal Thoughts DeistPaladin 27 2601 March 27, 2019 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: tackattack