Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 12:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space junk, a danger to space exploration.
Space junk, a danger to space exploration.
Many scientists are warning that too much space debree orbiting our planet can eventually make space exploration impossible. Humans for the past 50-60 years have launched rockets and sattlites at increasing rates. Humans have increasingly left space trash in orbit, and even something as small as a dime traveling at 20,000mph can be fatal to say things like the space station if they hit the right spot. 

This is why I get a lip twitch with the idea of space tourism. Yes it would be nice in theory if people could travel into space in mass cheaply like going to the beach. But the more vehicles we launch into space, and let orbit until they become trash, the more potential missles/bullets become a landmine for future vechles. One might look at it like polluting the oceans. Yes the oceans are big, but the more we over exploit, and the more pollution we dump into the oceans, the more our resources become threatened. 

Scientists warn that too much space junk orbiting our planet will be simply like creating a mine feild that grows bigger and bigger. 

https://www.colorado.edu/today/2020/05/2...nk-problem
RE: Space junk, a danger to space exploration.
Ok, now THAT’S funny!   Hilarious

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Scientists are not arguing that it is a major problem at this point. But just like the oceans, the more trash we dump into it, the more it harms our environment. If you break one glass in your kitchen and leave the shards on the floor in a giant mansion, odds are you can manage avoiding stepping on the shards. But if you do that over and over the shards will take up more and more space.

Anthying humans put up into space has the potential to collide and fracture into disbree which become missles orbiting the planet. Just like the more trash we dump into the ocean, the more our food supply is threatened.
(April 2, 2021 at 2:15 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Scientists are not arguing that it is a major problem at this point. But just like the oceans, the more trash we dump into it, the more it harms our environment. If you break one glass in your kitchen and leave the shards on the floor in a giant mansion, odds are you can manage avoiding stepping on the shards. But if you do that over and over the shards will take up more and more space.

Anthying humans put up into space has the potential to collide and fracture into disbree which become missles orbiting the planet. Just like the more trash we dump into the ocean, the more our food supply is threatened.

Bold mine  

FFS use a spell check program.  Regardless of what you are trying to say, you sound like an idiot when you are this sloppy.

"disbree" isn't even a Hooked on Phonics near miss.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

‘debree’

‘sattlites’

‘vechles’

‘missles’

‘feild’

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 2, 2021 at 2:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ‘debree’

‘sattlites’

‘vechles’

‘missles’

‘feild’

Boru

Yeah, I know.  

It's not like there isn't a red line under the words that are misspelled.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

‘sattlites’

‘vechles’

‘missles’

‘feild’

Boru

You got me, I was Goebbles. Or was it Himler? My entire life is centered around annoying you. 

In all seriousness, if we were face to face, I would hope that other than shaking your fist at me, that would be all that you would do.

I am not perfect. Would it make you happy for me to shove a barb wire dildo up my own ass?

Please for the love of sanity, let it go. Your expectation of me suddenly farting gold isn't going to happen.
(April 2, 2021 at 2:49 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

‘sattlites’

‘vechles’

‘missles’

‘feild’

Boru

You got me, I was Goebbles. Or was it Himler? My entire life is centered around annoying you. 

In all seriousness, if we were face to face, I would hope that other than shaking your fist at me, that would be all that you would do.

I am not perfect. Would it make you happy for me to shove a barb wire dildo up my own ass?

Please for the love of sanity, let it go. Your expectation of me suddenly farting gold isn't going to happen.

Be a neat trick for you to fart gold with that spiky dildo up your bottom.

All I expect from you is a mastery of the words on a 10 year old child’s spelling quiz.

Boru
IIRC Brian37 lost some digits to frostbite so maybe go easy on him for his typos some?
(April 2, 2021 at 2:58 pm)Lawz Wrote: IIRC Brian37 lost some digits to frostbite so maybe go easy on him for his typos some?

I am a bad speller, I have always admitted that. I simply find it absurd to act like it I am a serial killer for being a flawed human being, especially when I am not getting paid to publish anything. I promise, if I were a paid writer, everything I write would be filtered through editors. But, since this is unpaid, and nobody is earning a dime posting anytyhing, I think that is the slack you are rightfully defending.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stephen Colbert with Space Archaeologist, Sarah Parcak Minimalist 1 727 January 9, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  3D printing, self-replication and space travel FifthElement 8 2118 November 6, 2014 at 12:10 am
Last Post: FifthElement
  The word for moving thought space Gooders1002 11 3589 June 9, 2013 at 7:32 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Space-X CRS-1 Launch popeyespappy 3 1964 October 7, 2012 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: jonb
  Space Propulsion fuckass365 30 9936 May 22, 2012 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Fabric of the Cosmos: What Is Space? Gooders1002 0 1295 May 4, 2012 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 1975 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey