Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 7, 2024, 7:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor
Quote:Lilibet Diana "LiliMountbatten-Windsor (born 4 June 2021) is the younger child and only daughter of Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. She is the eleventh great-grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II and the late Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. She is eighth in .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilibet_Mo...en-Windsor

What do you think about the choice of the name?

Lilibet is the personal nickname of Queen Elizabeth II.
I am not sure whether the choice of the baby's name is a sign of respect or of disrespect.
RE: Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor
(June 6, 2021 at 3:16 pm)Dundee Wrote:
Quote:Lilibet Diana "LiliMountbatten-Windsor (born 4 June 2021) is the younger child and only daughter of Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. She is the eleventh great-grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II and the late Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. She is eighth in line of succession to the British throne.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilibet_Mo...en-Windsor

What do you think about the choice of the name?

Lilibet is the personal nickname of Queen Elizabeth II.
I am not sure whether the choice of the baby's name is a sign of respect or of disrespect.

I don't care enough to form an opinion.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
I think it's a sweet tip of the hat to her great grandmother.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
I don't understand how it could be seen as disrespectful.

Parents are allowed (in most cases) to name their children. They chose to honor the Queen and Princess Diana. Love 'em or hate 'em they are/were the child's great grandmother and grandmother.

I could have maybe gone with it being disrespectful if they had named the baby "Queen".
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(June 6, 2021 at 3:38 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I don't understand how it could be seen as disrespectful.

Parents are allowed (in most cases) to name their children.  They chose to honor the Queen and Princess Diana.  Love 'em or hate 'em they are/were the child's great grandmother and grandmother.  

I could have maybe gone with it being disrespectful if they had named the baby "Queen".

I suspect they're given a list of names that are allowed, and I seriously doubt Lilibet was on that list. Oh well!
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(June 6, 2021 at 3:37 pm)Mermaid Wrote: I think it's a sweet tip of the hat to her great grandmother.

Maybe  it was exactly the opposite that was intended.
Let's wait and see ....
Royalty should be served -

In a sweet wine sauce with a side of asparagus tips and baby carrots......

Hungry
(June 6, 2021 at 3:58 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Royalty should be served -

Hungry

Only the young and succulent. I'd hate to have to figure out how to tenderize the queen. That's gotta be tough hen, right there. >.<
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(June 6, 2021 at 4:55 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(June 6, 2021 at 3:58 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Royalty should be served -

Hungry

Only the young and succulent. I'd hate to have to figure out how to tenderize the queen. That's gotta be tough hen, right there. >.<
A boiler, for sure...
Hehe
(June 6, 2021 at 3:38 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I don't understand how it could be seen as disrespectful.

Parents are allowed (in most cases) to name their children.  They chose to honor the Queen and Princess Diana.  Love 'em or hate 'em they are/were the child's great grandmother and grandmother.  

I know in Judaism, naming your newborn child after someone who's still alive is a major faux pas, mainly because it's such a common practice to name children after dead relatives that, for instance, naming a child after your still-living grandfather can be seen as telling them "I can't wait for you to be dead." That said, while Queen Victoria was apparently big enough on Jewish custom (because she believed the royals were descended from the House of David) that, until the birth of Prince William, all male royals had to be circumcised, I'm not sure that particular custom would be a problem.

Hell, her grandfather was named George and also had a child named George (and not the same George who was her father, oddly enough, because he had to be renamed from Albert once he stumbled into the throne for reasons related to Queen Victoria.)
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.