Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could rid the world...
If you could rid the world...
I saw a right-wing idiot christian post a FB meme, "if you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be?"

Her response was "sin."

So we have an idiot brain wanting to remove a fictitious thing from a real world. This is why there's no progress in the world.
RE: If you could rid the world...
Nuclear weapons, all of them. But who am I kidding, as soon as people would realize they were gone, they'd just make more.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Humans!
People who eat corned beef on white bread with mayonnaise.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 17, 2021 at 10:15 am)FredTheLobster Wrote: I saw a right-wing idiot christian post a FB meme, "if you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be?"

Her response was "sin."

So we have an idiot brain wanting to remove a fictitious thing from a real world. This is why there's no progress in the world.

so you don't want to live in a world without:
murder
sex trafficking 
stealing
lies
among dozens upon dozens of other listed sins?

or do you not understand a sin is not a thing, but rather a category of bad/evil behavior. and if you are not in a position to identify it as such, then it simply shows the 'limits' of your cognitive ability. (meaning if you want to pretend or truly believe sin is not a category of forbidden or evil behavior much like the word crime. then you do so out of social conditioning/indoctrination.) because imagine if i said there is no such thing as crime and you read from a list of crim, yet i persist that crime is not real/spoke around the subject miscatorgrised as a noun much like you did here with the word sin...

your ignorance here with sin is the same level of ignorance i would have to expend to pretend there is no crime. it simple identified the person pretending as a indoctrinated sheep.
I'd get rid of the belief in divine law. There all made by men with sticks up their asses.

We may have to reinstitute lobotomy as an option for some.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 17, 2021 at 11:35 am)Drich Wrote:
(June 17, 2021 at 10:15 am)FredTheLobster Wrote: I saw a right-wing idiot christian post a FB meme, "if you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be?"

Her response was "sin."

so you don't want to live in a world without:
murder
sex trafficking 
stealing
lies
among dozens upon dozens of other listed sins?

or do you not understand a sin is not a thing, but rather a category of bad/evil behavior. and if you are not in a position to identify it as such, then it simply shows the 'limits' of your cognitive ability. (meaning if you want to pretend or truly believe sin is not a category of forbidden or evil behavior much like the word crime. then you do so out of social conditioning/indoctrination.) because imagine if i said there is no such thing as crime and you read from a list of crim, yet i persist that crime is not real/spoke around the subject miscatorgrised as a noun much like you did here with the word sin...

your ignorance here with sin is the same level of ignorance i would have to expend to pretend there is no crime. it simple identified the person pretending as a indoctrinated sheep.

The things you list are crimes or ethical shortcomings, not sins. As you and your ilk are so fond of telling us, a sin is a transgression of divine law. Since divine law exists only as a fantasy in the minds of weak-brained people, sin is a non-concept.

You can’t rid the world of something that doesn’t exist.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Her response was "sin."

"Sin" is a bullshit superstitious word. If one wants to argue the world would be better if there was less violence and meanness in the world, I'd go for that. But the fact that humans will always do good, and always do bad, does not justify chalking either up to bullshit superstition.

God and Satan don't explain shit anymore than Darth Vader and Yoda do.
Ticks, chiggers and mosquitos.

Appliances that beep.

Middle management.
Mornings.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could I sue my religion over this? Won2blv 21 3279 October 8, 2017 at 8:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Could God's creation be like His omniscience? Whateverist 19 5909 May 18, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  CHRISTIANS, you only have 3 days left to get rid of your XMAS TREE! 21stCenturyIconoclast 22 4162 December 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: 21stCenturyIconoclast
  Catholics getting rid of layers of bullshit. Whateverist 17 2396 September 16, 2016 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2807 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  How Could Anyone Believe the Gospels Are Eywitness Accounts? Jenny A 15 4104 March 1, 2015 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: abaris
  This Could Have Gone in Damned Republicunts, too, but Minimalist 20 3072 February 27, 2015 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Losty
  Why does God use an army to fight, when He Could Do it alone? Christian 46 6389 October 29, 2014 at 12:00 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Christians. Could you be wrong? Rob_W75 888 123482 September 24, 2014 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: C4RM5
  Human monster suggests Ebola could be a solution to the atheism "problem." Esquilax 35 6172 August 25, 2014 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist