Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:45 am

Poll: Do conservatives lie more than liberals?
This poll is closed.
Yes, conservatives lie more.
58.33%
14 58.33%
No, people lie about the same.
29.17%
7 29.17%
The opposite, liberals lie more.
0%
0 0%
Impossible to say.
8.33%
2 8.33%
Fuck all polls.
4.17%
1 4.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do conservatives lie more than liberals?
Do conservatives lie more than liberals?
Simple question, do conservatives lie more than liberals?

I'm thinking specifically of political and public policy claims, but answer this as you wish.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Do conservatives lie more than liberals?
Short answer:

Yes.
It's possible they are more honest in their beliefs. Unfortunately their beliefs more often than not tend to hold progress back. They wouldn't be conservatives if they didn't resist change.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The conservatards wouldn't know the truth if it bit their dicks off.
No, these things all even out over large sample sizes. To think otherwise is somewhat baffling, but I'm going to wager the pinkos here probably think they do.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
You fuckheads make shit up and convince yourself it is true!   That doesn't make it true.

[Image: 596792_v2.jpg]

But it does make conservatards "fuckheads."
I'm a huge every day liar, conservatively speaking.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I think a big moment for lying, was Obama's "If you like your doctor, you can keep them" statement. I like Obama. He seems like a decent enough fellow with good intentions. Other people like him even more.

So when someone that highly regarded just blatantly lies like he did, I think the expectation for any sort of truth in politics was put to rest.
(June 16, 2018 at 5:09 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Simple question, do conservatives lie more than liberals?

I'm thinking specifically of political and public policy claims, but answer this as you wish.

I know one that does, thought to be fair I'm not sure Trump's positions are coherent enough to make him fall neatly under any heading.

People lie.  All of them.  In spite of their best intentions.  Right not the lies on the right in support of the Trump cult really stand out as mega-whoppers.  But I'm not so sure about that long term.

(June 16, 2018 at 11:02 pm)henryp Wrote: I think a big moment for lying, was Obama's "If you like your doctor, you can keep them" statement.   I like Obama.  He seems like a decent enough fellow with good intentions.  Other people like him even more.

So when someone that highly regarded just blatantly lies like he did, I think the expectation for any sort of truth in politics was put to rest.

That doesn't make sense.  If his intentions were good as you say and he simply failed to predict how it would come out, then he didn't deliberately deceive anyone - hence no lie.  Not everything said that turns out not to be false was a lie.
(June 16, 2018 at 5:09 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Simple question, do conservatives lie more than liberals?

That depends who you include in your liberal and conservative groupings. For my default grouping, if lying includes the telling as the truth that is unlikely to be true but which might not be possible to be immediately subjected to universally convincing falsification, then answer is conservatives absofuckinglutely lie much more often, and in fact seldomly fail to lie. However you grouping might differ.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1418 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8585 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Asshole conservatives. Jehanne 3 393 July 11, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  All Politicians Lie onlinebiker 23 1177 January 11, 2021 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 554 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  "Defeating Trump is more important than all of us" Foxaèr 44 3676 March 15, 2020 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Chad32
  Do ( D )s sell more guns than ( R )s? onlinebiker 170 12410 February 22, 2019 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Stop Re litigating 2016 liberals /OP ED. Brian37 66 4736 February 21, 2019 at 7:59 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Buzzfeed reports Trump directed Cohen to lie to congress LadyForCamus 61 6428 January 26, 2019 at 5:49 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why Do Republicans/Conservatives Bend Over Backwards for Companies? Jade-Green Stone 14 1406 November 28, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist