Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes Humanity gives you a glimpse of hope
Sometimes Humanity gives you a glimpse of hope
[Image: IW-72620211910316.jpg]
RE: Sometimes Humanity gives you a glimpse of hope
Similar to a philosophy among woodworkers.

From time to time, it is vital to clean your table saw top. If it starts to rust, clean it with mineral spirits. If your workpiece isn’t moving smoothly, clean it with paste wax. If your best bud visits your shop and plunks his canned drink down on your table saw, you can remove those pesky bloodstains with mild detergent.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I once used my wife's fabric scissors to cut a piece of paper. When she got home my sons couldn't keep their yawps shut about what I had done.  Dodgy  Cutting one piece of paper ain't gonna/didn't hurt those scissors. I did give her a substitute (claw) hammer when she went into my tools. One doesn't use a planishing hammer for nails.  Tut Tut
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(July 28, 2021 at 4:02 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Similar to a philosophy among woodworkers.

From time to time, it is vital to clean your table saw top. If it starts to rust, clean it with mineral spirits. If your workpiece isn’t moving smoothly, clean it with paste wax. If your best bud visits your shop and plunks his canned drink down on your table saw, you can remove those pesky bloodstains with mild detergent.

Boru

Get that cast iron antique nickle plated or trade it in on a new one with an aluminum bed...

Wink
One of the first things my kids learned was to never use my sewing scissors for anything. Ever.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Call CPS, jail Judi for leaving scissors laying about. My god, the kid could have been running and cutting. Panic
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
In this house it' s always the other way around...

She won' t keep her hands off my Monocoat (R/C airplane covering) scissors......
I toyed with the idea of divorce when my wife used my brand new $200 mortising chisel to unblock the disposal.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 28, 2021 at 12:00 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I toyed with the idea of divorce when my wife used my brand new $200 mortising chisel to unblock the disposal.

Boru
Gotcha beat.

I caught my ex trying to use my vintage Brown and Sharpe vernier 6 inch calipers as an adjustable wrench to tighten a bolt....

Mad
(July 28, 2021 at 12:38 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(July 28, 2021 at 12:00 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I toyed with the idea of divorce when my wife used my brand new $200 mortising chisel to unblock the disposal.

Boru
Gotcha beat.

I caught my ex trying to use my vintage Brown and Sharpe vernier 6 inch calipers as an adjustable wrench to tighten a bolt....

Mad

Yup, you win. Great

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sometimes you should just shut up. arewethereyet 12 472 April 10, 2024 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Does God gives of fascist vibes? purplepurpose 4 428 March 25, 2022 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  How do you view humanity in general? Ahriman 73 4541 October 2, 2021 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Sometimes Ted Nugent is spot- on. onlinebiker 32 1809 June 29, 2021 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Keith Richards Gives Up Smoking! chimp3 7 592 February 19, 2020 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Alex K: I Hope He's Okay Rhondazvous 33 3593 November 17, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The biggest threat to humanity... The Valkyrie 15 1665 June 10, 2018 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  LoL, sometimes I wonder Foxaèr 3 466 May 2, 2018 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Losty
  The Future of Humanity Puke Skywalker 18 3057 July 6, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Why do you some people exaggerate sometimes to the extremes? NuclearEnergy 7 1204 March 4, 2017 at 5:51 am
Last Post: HairyCyclist