Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question, shout out box and how to use it?
question, shout out box and how to use it?
Hi, I once used the shout out box here last week or before last week and I could type in it and see my texts however it looked like the whole screen was frozen and not working. I couldn't see any of the users here type back and forth or respond to me so I figured something was wrong with the shout out box. Can someone fix the shout out box please? If its not a technical error then How do I use the shout out box properly to where I can have live feedback between me and users in the sout out box?

Also I would like my thread on game theory to be moved to the pseudo science section in this forum if you can.
RE: question, shout out box and how to use it?
Shoutbox seems to be working just fine. I’m not sure there’s a way to have ‘live’ feedback, since it’s not actually a chat room.

Thread moved as requested.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The shout box isn't terribly active most of the time. It's not a flaw...it just isn't used much.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Game theory isn't pseudoscience though. It is a solid model used by many in the social sciences to explain human motivations/behaviors in competitive settings.
(August 21, 2021 at 3:57 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: Game theory isn't pseudoscience though. It is a solid model used by many in the social sciences to explain human motivations/behaviors in competitive settings.

The notion that it was promulgated in the 1950s as a method to control the masses, however, IS pseudoscience.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Quick Reply Box Excited Penguin 25 3978 November 22, 2016 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  [Tutorial] How to use the quote function pocaracas 1 1143 October 20, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Overview box Darwinian 2 1006 May 26, 2015 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Smilies box - yuck KevinM1 1 1066 May 13, 2015 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Spoiler box = Image FlowingFlame 5 1648 August 20, 2014 at 9:32 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Quick reply box Faith No More 4 2529 May 15, 2012 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Matt231
  And I see there is no shout box?? KichigaiNeko 6 2702 March 19, 2012 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Handprint
  Overview box Darwinian 3 2236 March 15, 2012 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  The last third of the reply text box is cut off Fred 6 2512 September 7, 2011 at 3:10 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Was a Change Made to the Shout Box? Minimalist 0 1214 September 4, 2011 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist