Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada Election Day !!!
Canada Election Day !!!
Tonight is the Canadian Federal Election to decide whether Justin Trudeau keeps his position as Prime Minister or is deposed by one of his rivals. Either Erin O'Toole of The Conservative Party who has mainly attacked Trudeau over Canada's struggling economy or Jagmeet Singh who has focused on calling out Trudeau for backtracking on many of his earlier progressive policies. Both have called out the Prime Minister for an inconsistent response to the pandemic. Despite the flak, Trudeau's received I predict a Liberal minority victory.

A brief recap of the election 
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/20...ion-512959

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/federal-...-1.5547999

Information on the three major parties 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Party_of_Canada

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservati..._of_Canada

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Democratic_Party

The Canadian Election System Explained 

[Image: 26199934_web1_Trudeau-Singh-OToole-mugs.jpg]
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

RE: Canada Election Day !!!
Learned something new, thanks.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I read a list of what each partying is promising.  Nothing objectionable from the main 3. 

I wanted to know who endorsed whom, but all that came up was who Hillary and Bernie endorsed.  Don't care.  Who do Geddy Lee and Racheal McAdams endorse?
(September 20, 2021 at 5:28 pm)brewer Wrote: Learned something new, thanks.
Your Welcome Smile

(September 20, 2021 at 5:33 pm)Ranjr Wrote: I read a list of what each partying is promising.  Nothing objectionable from the main 3. 

I wanted to know who endorsed whom, but all that came up was who Hillary and Bernie endorsed.  Don't care.  Who do Geddy Lee and Racheal McAdams endorse?
So far I have not found a comment by either on the election. Geddy is a Progressive on social issues but he's also pretty Libertarian so it's hard to peg him down. Racheal McAdams is a hard lefty so I say she will go NDP on immigration and the environment. But those are just my guesses.
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

When someone wins in America's hat, do they apologize for it?

Dear America's Hat,
Thank you for RUSH and The Kids in the Hall. I will always be grateful.
(September 20, 2021 at 6:33 pm)no one Wrote: When someone wins in America's hat, do they apologize for it?

Dear America's Hat,
Thank you for RUSH and The Kids in the Hall. I will always be grateful.
All the parties gather for a mass apology then they all get drunk, And your welcome Smile
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Update on the state of the three major parties. Noted That the province of  Newfoundland is being claimed by the Liberals. 

Here is the election live tracker. It covers every riding up for grab with an easy-to-use map.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8164886/live-...-election/
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

My prediction came true. A minority Liberal Victory projected 

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/election...1/results/

Justin Trudeau will remain in power 

[Image: Trudeau-head.jpg]
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(September 21, 2021 at 12:40 am)Helios Wrote: Justin Trudeau will remain in power 

For how many years now?
(October 7, 2021 at 4:02 am)Dundee Wrote:
(September 21, 2021 at 12:40 am)Helios Wrote: Justin Trudeau will remain in power 

For how many years now?
If you're asking me how many years Trudeau's been in power. He was first elected in November 4th, 2015 making it 5 years, 337 days making him the 10th longest-serving Prime minister in Canadian history.

If you asking how long he will till he will have to stand for election again that next on cycle federal election will be 4 years from now on October 20th, 2025 (As this was a premature election called by Trudeau himself through a very controversial power the PM has)
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Canada Day 2023 The Architect Of Fate 11 628 July 2, 2023 at 4:41 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Happy Canada Day 2022 The Architect Of Fate 17 1175 July 11, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Happy Canada Day !!! The Architect Of Fate 19 1370 July 2, 2021 at 11:13 am
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  BREAKING:Clashes erupt after Trump loyalists march against election results WinterHold 28 2030 December 14, 2020 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Aegon
  North Carolina orders new election. Brian37 4 567 February 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Saudi Arabia freezes Canada trade ties, recalls envoy WinterHold 5 645 August 6, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Happy Canada Day 2018 Amarok 21 2633 July 2, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ontario Election Tomorrow Amarok 11 979 June 7, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: unsapien
  Canada- another van kills 7 so far ignoramus 36 5045 April 25, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  What Is Happening In Canada Amarok 8 1277 March 4, 2018 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Jackalope