Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 10:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina orders new election.
North Carolina orders new election.
I have to say, even with the lopsided power the GOP has had on average since Reagan, I am hopeful that America can survive the orange bully.

It was heartening to see his son testify counter to his claims.  His son did the right thing. 

As much as I love my family or friends, when it comes to especially violent crime, no, I will not cover for you. 

This election tampering undermines all party's involved confidence in our system. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...83b2b6266d
RE: North Carolina orders new election.
I'm not a subscriber.
(February 22, 2019 at 2:08 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I'm not a subscriber.

Basically his son said he warned his dad about the guy that was eventually caught perpetrating the scam. It is illegal in NC to go door to door collecting mail in ballots. They have to be turned in or mailed by the signer. 

Republican Mark Harris ran for the U.S House, and by the end of election night, seemed to be ahead. But inconsistencies were found in mail in ballots and it was discovered that one of his operatives was having people illegally collect, alter or discard any ballot that went for his opponent. His son testified that he warned his father not to hire the guy.
Not my district but as an NC resident I'm certainly glad for the order. But you can't turn back time and campaigning (gain) costs (more) money. I expect this just means these criminals will find new ways not to get caught.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
(February 22, 2019 at 5:42 pm)outtathereligioncloset Wrote: Not my district but as an NC resident I'm certainly glad for the order.  But you can't turn back time and campaigning (gain) costs (more) money.  I expect this just means these criminals will find new ways not to get caught.

Well, it does give me hope, that his son did the right thing regardless of party.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 705 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Canada Election Day !!! The Architect Of Fate 18 1068 October 7, 2021 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 5761 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  BREAKING:Clashes erupt after Trump loyalists march against election results WinterHold 28 2061 December 14, 2020 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Aegon
  Turkey's Erdogan orders the conversion of Hagia Sophia back into a mosque AniKoferBo 91 2753 July 15, 2020 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  North Korea executed envoy for the failed summit with Trump. Anomalocaris 26 2119 June 2, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  North By North Numbnuts, accomplishment. Brian37 7 1744 December 20, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Ontario Election Tomorrow Amarok 11 988 June 7, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: unsapien
  CA judge orders warning on coffee. brewer 15 1261 April 7, 2018 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  And If You Really Need To Find A Dumb Fuck, So. Carolina Is The Place To Look Minimalist 13 1211 April 7, 2018 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda