Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Fryer recipies
Air Fryer recipies
Have you got any good air fryer recipes?

Ours was on the counter this afternoon - so I threw in a couple hot dogs.. (Ball Park brand bun length)

6 minutes from cold start.

Perfect as a hot dog gets....
RE: Air Fryer recipies
Can’t help you, sorry.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I usually slow roast pork loin for hours at 220.  Sometimes grill it.  Use a brown sugar, salt, cayenne and black pepper, onion and garlic powder, then whatever herbs as a rub.

The other night, the dish air roasted one for 30 minutes.  It was as good as slow roasted.  So much easier.  More cleanup than grilling, though.

We had fried okra once a week this summer.  It's great not dealing with all the oil.
I've tried to resist getting another kitchen gadget. There are tons of videos on Youtube for this, however.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
(October 7, 2021 at 2:44 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Can’t help you, sorry.

Boru

Never heard of a man of the cloth being part of aviation history.

See what I did there? "Air Fryer". BA DUM CHA. Rimshot. No applause, just throw hand grenades. Nothing to see here, moving on.

But in all seriousness, I love food, I hate cooking. If I cant boil or microwave or stick it in the oven, I don't do it. I hate prep. I love eating out, and I love simple meals that I don't have to prep. 

Irony is I love cooking shows, not because of the process, but because of the individual ideas humans come up with. I simply don't want to be the person making it.
I love my air fryer, but I also love my pressure cooker, my slow cooker, and my microwave. Different tools for different jobs.

Some of my favorite air fryer things:

Johnsonville cooked brats, thawed: 7-8 minutes @ 375-400 F.

Uncooked brats, frozen: 15-16 minutes at 400 F. (My large air fryer has multiple racks, one of which I use as a drip rack, lined with aluminum foil. Otherwise cleanup would be a pain.)

Uncooked hamburgers, frozen: 20-22 minutes @ 400 F. (Same as above with cleanup)

Ready to eat frozen chicken, fish, etc: 8-10 minutes @ 400 F. Same with fries.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 7, 2021 at 3:40 pm)Angrboda Wrote: I love my air fryer, but I also love my pressure cooker, my slow cooker, and my microwave.  Different tools for different jobs.

Uncooked brats, frozen: 15-16 minutes at 400 F. (My large air fryer has multiple racks, one of which I use as a drip rack, lined with aluminum foil.  Otherwise cleanup would be a pain.)

Uncooked hamburgers, frozen: 20-22 minutes @ 400 F.  (Same as above with cleanup)

Ready to eat frozen chicken, fish, etc: 8-10 minutes @ 400 F.   Same with fries.

I love brats. I boil them. Not sure the time would be that much different.

I love brats with chopped raw onions, pinco de gallo, and melted cheese.
Boiled brats?

Sacrilege!

(October 7, 2021 at 3:40 pm)Angrboda Wrote: I love my air fryer, but I also love my pressure cooker, my slow cooker, and my microwave.  Different tools for different jobs.

Uncooked brats, frozen: 15-16 minutes at 400 F. (My large air fryer has multiple racks, one of which I use as a drip rack, lined with aluminum foil.  Otherwise cleanup would be a pain.)

Uncooked hamburgers, frozen: 20-22 minutes @ 400 F.  (Same as above with cleanup)

Ready to eat frozen chicken, fish, etc: 8-10 minutes @ 400 F.   Same with fries.

I too have done Johnsonvilles in the air fryer.

Much better than in oven.

Less cleanup too..
The jury is still out on an air fryer for us. I just don't cook much. Husband tends to eat his main meal at noon...he and his coworker have a routine of where they go get food every day. We tend to graze in the evening. I just haven't been able to justify getting one yet.

BTW - I don't much care for brats but grew up where they were quite popular....I didn't even know you could boil them, or why you would want to...blark.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 7, 2021 at 7:19 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: The jury is still out on an air fryer for us.  I just don't cook much.  Husband tends to eat his main meal at noon...he and his coworker have a routine of where they go get food every day.  We tend to graze in the evening.  I just haven't been able to justify getting one yet.

BTW - I don't much care for brats but grew up where they were quite popular....I didn't even know you could boil them, or why you would want to...blark.

Boiling them first before grilling is called parboiling, and the point is that if you grill them without parboiling first, then the casing tends to split, letting all the juices out. Most people parboil them prior to finishing them on a grill or pan, but I suppose there's no necessity about that final step. That's the nice thing about the air fryer -- you get that grilled finish from the hot air, but the casing generally doesn't split and so parboiling first is unnecessary.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Of air conditioners and my stupidity! Brian37 29 1911 April 25, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  The best air conditioner Marsellus Wallace 6 725 July 18, 2015 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Know what's fucking amazing? Grant Air. Violet 9 2555 June 17, 2011 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Violet