Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video Game Reviews
Video Game Reviews
So, like I mentioned in my introduction thread. I review old games on YouTube. Since I couldn't find a creative corner or anything on the forum, I thought it'd be all right to share some of my work here given that it generates discussion. Here's a link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2dH6iF...p2Kr4NAFjw

And here's my latest video that just went public last Wednesday:

You'll notice rather quickly that my reviews aren't that long. I'm good at summary and I find it refreshing not to have to sit down for 20 or 30 minutes to watch a single review. So first subject of discussion: Your thoughts on the original Metroid game?
RE: Video Game Reviews
Loved it. Couldn't put it down. They lost me after super metroid 2 - but that might just be because I got old.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Super Metroid 2? Do you mean Metroid Fusion?

I loved Super Metroid btw. That has to be my favorite next to Fusion and Zero Mission and of course Prime. I really want to play Dread too, but I lack a Nintendo Switch.
Is that another name for the game in a different market?

Quote:Super Metroid[a][b] is an action-adventure game developed and published by Nintendo for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1994. It is the third installment in the Metroid series, following the events of the Game Boy game Metroid II: Return of Samus (1991). Players control bounty hunter Samus Aran, who travels to planet Zebes to retrieve an infant Metroid creature stolen by the Space Pirate leader Ridley.
That's when I last dumped time into the metroid franchise.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Ah okay that's Super Metroid. I got confused by the number 2 in your sentence.
And no, Fusion is actually Metroid 4 so it's after Super Metroid which some call Metroid 3.
My bad, im not exactly hip to the numerals. I always called it super metroid 2. Shows what I know...-but, thats when the franchise lost me. spent hundreds of hours playing that, and havent played a metroid game since.

Its a good premise, plenty of room, I probably would play one if they dev'd into a genre I play now.
I don't know if you like FPS games, but if you do Metroid Prime would be a good choice to get back into the series. It's a 3D version of what they did in 2D, but from a first person point of view.
Super Metroid is one of my all-time favorites. I loved that game! Unfortunately, I loaned my SNES to a friend and never got it back.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
You'd be surprise how many times I hear that. People loaning stuff to friends and then never getting it back. Makes me not want to loan anything to anyone.

New week. New video. New topic.

What are your thoughts on the Crash Bandicoot series? I love it. I have the original trilogy on PlayStation still to this day.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy 3 video game Sweden83 1 1179 March 12, 2022 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Video game frame rates??? Jehanne 8 757 February 26, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  My Homemade Video Game Mechaghostman2 9 3007 August 24, 2017 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Neil Tyson "making" video game Fake Messiah 1 591 July 22, 2017 at 12:51 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  What is the weirdest video game you've ever played? Edwardo Piet 23 2840 February 23, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Favorite video game soundtracks/songs/scores ApeNotKillApe 89 12491 January 30, 2017 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Name of the sarcastic video trivia game? Brian37 5 1360 November 26, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Body confidence campaigners try to redesign video game women Napoléon 40 8949 July 26, 2015 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Favourite video game franchises/genres Dystopia 57 8991 February 2, 2015 at 9:12 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Late to the Party Reviews: Bioshock Infinite Creed of Heresy 11 1911 April 18, 2013 at 7:11 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy