Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
evolution
evolution
The brain in non human animals constantly records, sorts and stores all sensory input, and than uses it to survive, that is what the brain evolved to do. Just like every other organ, it is a survival tool. What than is self awareness and consciousness, and why does it exist, what is it's purpose. Is it just a spandrel of language?
RE: evolution
(March 7, 2022 at 1:51 pm)evolcon Wrote: The brain in non human animals constantly records, sorts and stores all sensory input, and than uses it to survive, that is what the brain evolved to do. Just like every other organ, it is a survival tool. What than then (ftfy) is self awareness and consciousness, and why does it exist, what is it's purpose. Is it just a spandrel of language?

I don't believe you know that the brain of non human animals records, sorts and stores all sensory input? Do you understand that there is sensory input that never reaches the brain and that not all 'non human animals' have brains?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Sufferin’ jaysus. Not this again.

Throw Computer

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Doesn't anyone on this forum actually know how to answer a science based question

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(March 7, 2022 at 3:50 pm)evolcon Wrote: Doesn't anyone on this forum actually know how to answer a science based question

Your questions aren’t really science-based. You start out with an erroneous statement regarding memory and sensory input in non-human animals, and use that on which to base the question, ‘What is consciousness, why is consciousness, and what is it for?’.

One doesn’t follow from the other.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 7, 2022 at 1:51 pm)evolcon Wrote: The brain in non human animals constantly records, sorts and stores all sensory input, and than uses it to survive, that is what the brain evolved to do. Just like every other organ, it is a survival tool. What than is self awareness and consciousness, and why does it exist, what is it's purpose. Is it just a spandrel of language?

I remember the first time I smoked that shit.....

Don' t sweat it man..... You' ll be back to normal (whatever THAT it) in 6-8 hours or so....

Enjoy the ride....
(March 7, 2022 at 1:51 pm)evolcon Wrote: The brain in non human animals constantly records, sorts and stores all sensory input, and than uses it to survive, that is what the brain evolved to do. Just like every other organ, it is a survival tool. What than is self awareness and consciousness, and why does it exist, what is it's purpose. Is it just a spandrel of language?

Fundamental reality explains a jumble of actions, awareness is reborn in the light of these mysteries ergo Eternal stillness is the continuity of nonlocal experiences.

That should clear it up.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(March 7, 2022 at 5:11 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:

Fundamental reality explains a jumble of actions, awareness is reborn in the light of these mysteries ergo Eternal stillness is the continuity of nonlocal experiences.

That should clear it up.

That.Was.Fucking.Brilliant!

Boru
(March 7, 2022 at 3:50 pm)evolcon Wrote: Doesn't anyone on this forum actually know how to answer a science based question

Not particularly. I'm an atheist, not a scientist.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30223 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger