Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lab RNA molecule that replicates, diversifies, and develops complexity
Lab RNA molecule that replicates, diversifies, and develops complexity
God of the gaps just keeps shrinking smaller and smaller. I can’t wait to hear how they’ll move goal posts:

https://scitechdaily.com/new-insight-int...Y6w271EEkA
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: Lab RNA molecule that replicates, diversifies, and develops complexity
(March 18, 2022 at 2:52 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: God of the gaps just keeps shrinking smaller and smaller. I can’t wait to hear how they’ll move goal posts:

https://scitechdaily.com/new-insight-int...Y6w271EEkA

My guess is they’ll fail to understand the article and fall back on:

‘Evolution is just a theory.’

‘Evolution has never been observed.’

‘They did it in a lab, so it doesn’t count.’

‘If RNA evolves, why is there still RNA?’

‘Shut up. You’re making Jesus cry.’

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Creationists aside, this is groundbreaking. Abiogenesis remains one of the great mysteries.

Aside from that, the fossil record refutes creationism. Abiogenesis never really was needed to win that argument.
No doubt Creationists will just keep repeating James Tours nonsense objections. Despite the fact, he's a synthetic chemist and thus has fuck all knowledge in the origin of life sciences and he's repeatedly proven he works in bad faith when actual experts in that field correct him.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I’m predicting something along the lines of: “But that was created in a lab, so it doesn’t count. Because reasons.”
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(March 18, 2022 at 6:44 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: I’m predicting something along the lines of: “But that was created in a lab, so it doesn’t count. Because reasons.”
Yup, they will demand it be done in a lab then object to it being done in a lab.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

There are plenty of people who will look at scientific findings and say 'god did it' no matter what.

God gave the scientists the knowledge...god guided the scientists...Ye Ole' profit predicted it...yadda, yadda, yadda...

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(March 18, 2022 at 5:00 pm)Helios Wrote: No doubt Creationists will just keep repeating James Tours nonsense objections. Despite the fact, he's a synthetic chemist and thus has fuck all knowledge in the origin of life sciences and he's repeatedly proven he works in bad faith when actual experts in that field correct him.

James Tour? OK, grant him his fair due, he is accomplished in his field. But when it comes to biology or anything related, the cheese slides right of the cracker. Immediately. He seems quite happy to faff about with chemicals in a lab, but when it gets to abiogenesis, evolution, carbon dating, radiometric dating, a noachian flood, jebus, he simply loses the plot completely.
I never had a doubt, after all, You cannot spell Rigatoni pasta without  RNA.

Will FSM's wonders ever cease?  A celebratory drink for all!
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Creationists will probably claim it's just a hoax invented by atheist scientists.  Dodgy
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atomic bond types discernible in single-molecule images Tino 0 1310 September 15, 2012 at 5:26 am
Last Post: Tino