Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil Prices Plummet
Oil Prices Plummet
The price of oil has dropped drastically, at at-the-pump petrol prices should also decline fairly quickly. You know what this means?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Oil Prices Plummet
There is a special place in hell for people like you.
(March 31, 2022 at 11:17 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The price of oil has dropped drastically, at at-the-pump petrol prices should also decline fairly quickly. You know what this means?

Boru

Oil companies will think up some other reason for price gouging?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Ah, yes, people used to live in hamlets and they didn't go anywhere, they had everything on a few acres around them. But now, people constantly need to go somewhere. If you take away their car is as if you amputated their limbs.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(March 31, 2022 at 11:19 am)purplepurpose Wrote: There is a special place in hell for people like you.

I’ll save you a seat by the fire. Wink

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The gas price here has dropped about 60 cents per gallon in the last couple weeks. I am hoping this downward trend continues till I need to fill up again...probably in a week or two.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

It means China had another covid related lock down, this time at Shanghai, their financial capital, which is expected to knock their economic activity down by a few notches, which means they will burn less oil, which means they will import less oil, which means the world’s largest consumer of oil and the largest importer of oil will buy less oil, which means…?

also, release of US strategic oil reserve will add a million barrels a day to the market.

but, china will come out of covid lock down and strategic petroleum reserve doesn’t have infinite inventory.    which means…….?
It means I live in TX and can get decent gas prices most of the time.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Biden stupidly dips into the strategic reserve....

Then when we NEED it, there won' t be any.

Fckn douche.
somehow I suspect you would sing a different tune if it was trump doing this to shore up his re-election chances.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Welcome to the oil slick California. Brian37 26 1487 October 9, 2021 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human