Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible meteor storm tonight.
Possible meteor storm tonight.
It's predicted to be around Midnight CDT, but with 1,000 meteors per hour, I am going to tell Alexa to get me up:

A 'meteor storm' of 1,000 shooting stars per hour may light up the skies over North America this week
RE: Possible meteor storm tonight.
(May 30, 2022 at 5:41 pm)Jehanne Wrote: It's predicted to be around Midnight CDT, but with 1,000 meteors per hour, I am going to tell Alexa to get me up:

A 'meteor storm' of 1,000 shooting stars per hour may light up the skies over North America this week

Yea, well don't go camping with Lenard, Howie, and Raj, you'll get distracted and miss it.
(May 30, 2022 at 5:41 pm)Jehanne Wrote: It's predicted to be around Midnight CDT, but with 1,000 meteors per hour, I am going to tell Alexa to get me up:

This one’s pretty iffy. It may be 1000 per hour, could be zilch.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 30, 2022 at 6:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

This one’s pretty iffy. It may be 1000 per hour, could be zilch.

Boru

Do you feel lucky??
People from New Zealand won’t be lucky.   The meteor shower will peak while still daylight, and the radiant will be below the horizon.
I’m the luckiest man I know. Not sure what seeing or not seeing a meteor sprinkle has to do with luck, though.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I wish I still got stoned.

Too old, will wait for the vid.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 30, 2022 at 7:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’m the luckiest man I know. Not sure what seeing or not seeing a meteor sprinkle has to do with luck, though.

Boru

I KNEW you were a leprechaun!

Please make a meteor hit Ted Cruz!
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 30, 2022 at 10:10 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(May 30, 2022 at 7:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’m the luckiest man I know. Not sure what seeing or not seeing a meteor sprinkle has to do with luck, though.

Boru

I KNEW you were a leprechaun!

Please make a meteor hit Ted Cruz!

That's very hurtful. You KNOW I've been shunned by the Leprechaun community.

Boru

Checked news reports, didn't see anything about a world-class meteoric fire storm/light show.

How was it?

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible that the universe could be eternal??... dave4shmups 145 15599 August 9, 2023 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  How is this possible? weaponoffreedom 77 5084 July 6, 2022 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Possible signs of life found in the atmosphere of Venus zebo-the-fat 11 1460 September 14, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is it ever physically possible for a broken egg to reassemble into an unbroken one? GrandizerII 39 3971 June 13, 2020 at 5:52 am
Last Post: UtilitarianDeist
  "Super" Moon tonight! Jehanne 6 971 December 4, 2017 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Possible 5th force of nature? Kosh 3 937 August 19, 2016 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  A "Gem" of a Meteor Shower Is Coming up Next Week Forsaken 5 1240 December 13, 2012 at 7:32 am
Last Post: Cyberman