Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moral majority round 2
Moral majority round 2
Pastors and politicians meeting up to discuss how best to turn us into a theocracy: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/us/pol...wanted=all

Quote:... The Iowa pastors heard David Barton, a Christian historian, argue that the country was founded as explicitly Christian and lament that too few evangelicals get out and vote. They heard Newt Gingrich, a former House speaker and like Mr. Huckabee a possible 2012 presidential candidate, say that constitutional liberties like the right to bear arms were ordained by God. They heard how to promote “biblically informed” political advocacy by churchgoers within the confines of federal tax law.

Right to bear arms ordained by God?? WTF.
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
RE: Moral majority round 2
As a Horticulturalist I only lament that I am NOT able to use a chainsaw on this lot of 'deadwood'
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Use fire instead.
^

[Image: Kill_it_With_Fire_Aliens_KILL_IT_KILL_IT...53-580.jpg]
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Gee then the "moral majority" will REALLY KNOW HELL?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 4, 2011 at 4:05 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Gee then the "moral majority" will REALLY KNOW HELL?

They'll finally understand the heat of satisfying sex, before it burns them down to cinders from their inexperience.

I didn't really have anything to add, but Chuck mimicked my thoughts on what you said Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 3, 2011 at 6:24 pm)everythingafter Wrote: Pastors and politicians meeting up to discuss how best to turn us into a theocracy: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/us/pol...wanted=all

Quote:... The Iowa pastors heard David Barton, a Christian historian, argue that the country was founded as explicitly Christian and lament that too few evangelicals get out and vote. They heard Newt Gingrich, a former House speaker and like Mr. Huckabee a possible 2012 presidential candidate, say that constitutional liberties like the right to bear arms were ordained by God. They heard how to promote “biblically informed” political advocacy by churchgoers within the confines of federal tax law.

It makes you wonder if these people actually understand the bible. Because for example; in the New Testament Jesus talked about things like turning the other cheek, divorcing and remarrying is committing adultery, and giving all your money and possessions to the poor.
undefined
The "moral majority" is, in fact, neither.
(April 4, 2011 at 8:29 am)Atman Wrote: It makes you wonder if these people actually understand the bible.

If they read and understood their Bible, they wouldn't be Christians.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(April 4, 2011 at 8:29 am)Atman Wrote:
(April 3, 2011 at 6:24 pm)everythingafter Wrote: Pastors and politicians meeting up to discuss how best to turn us into a theocracy: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/us/pol...wanted=all

It makes you wonder if these people actually understand the bible. Because for example; in the New Testament Jesus talked about things like turning the other cheek, divorcing and remarrying is committing adultery, and giving all your money and possessions to the poor.

This is their "jesus."

[Image: gijesus.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A majority Catholic country did this LinuxGal 4 644 September 7, 2023 at 5:46 am
Last Post: no one
  The Moral Obligation to Choose the Lesser Evil DeistPaladin 79 5269 September 25, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The "Silenced" Majority Haipule 17 1312 January 28, 2020 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1434 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Choseing to be a part of the silent majority Sterben 78 7636 May 21, 2016 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Are Drone Strikes less Moral? CapnAwesome 34 5102 February 20, 2015 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Drugs: A moral decision, a matter of choice, or a national health risk? MusicLovingAtheist 61 6642 September 21, 2014 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  A Moral Dilemma RE Homelessness Zazzy 39 7488 December 18, 2013 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Abortion Viewed in Moral Terms DoubtingDave 114 24745 August 31, 2013 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Majority of Americans think the GOP is too extreme TaraJo 50 15092 December 26, 2012 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: TaraJo