Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Serious Tag
The Serious Tag
[Image: anna-kendrick-it-serious-business-so.gif]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: The Serious Tag
Please note that it's normally not staff who feel the need to add the serious tag.

It's a pain in our collective asses more often than not.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 6, 2022 at 9:52 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Please note that it's normally not staff who feel the need to add the serious tag.

It's a pain in our collective asses more often than not.

Deleted scene from Forbidden Planet (1956):

Warren Stevens: "Surely that can't be Sirius."

Leslie Nielson: "It is Sirius.  And don't call me Shirley."
When I add a Serious tag, I only care about the first page, sometimes the second. Maybe they should come with an expiration option?
(November 7, 2022 at 12:14 am)Jehanne Wrote: When I add a Serious tag, I only care about the first page, sometimes the second.  Maybe they should come with an expiration option?

If you only care about that part if a thread, then you probably shouldn’t be using the tag at all.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 7, 2022 at 4:39 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 7, 2022 at 12:14 am)Jehanne Wrote: When I add a Serious tag, I only care about the first page, sometimes the second.  Maybe they should come with an expiration option?

If you only care about that part if a thread, then you probably shouldn’t be using the tag at all.

Boru

I have had a thread or two that I really was serious about get derailed on the second post, which is why I sometimes use it. Potty-mouth humor on page 20 or so doesn't really concern me.

Dawn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] This is Serious Nay_Sayer 30 2326 May 8, 2020 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  [Not Serious] Atheist Catma ignoramus 27 2131 April 12, 2020 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Not Serious] The argument against Philosophy LastPoet 21 2382 June 19, 2019 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Serious comedy with a real serious message. Brian37 2 337 June 7, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Serious, but not serious..... Brian37 1 315 January 3, 2018 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Serious Problems With Theism Edwardo Piet 12 1478 January 21, 2017 at 12:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Klondike Pimpin': The very serious issue Edwardo Piet 6 1452 January 21, 2016 at 2:08 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  An Untitled Serious Adventure Drama Father Herman 23 3553 October 9, 2013 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Father Herman
Big Grin Do Not Masturbate,Really Guys I'm Serious! Big Blue Sky 2 1053 September 8, 2013 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist