Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luke 4:5
Luke 4:5
Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

This is how far Jesus and the devil could see if the devil took him to the highest mountain on Earth. All the kingdoms of Earth do not fit in that red circle. Jesus was not impressed with such a small offer and turned the devil down.

[Image: eppazl9vaaa4czh.jpeg]
RE: Luke 4:5

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 29, 2022 at 10:23 pm)LinuxGal Wrote: Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

This is how far Jesus and the devil could see if the devil took him to the highest mountain on Earth. All the kingdoms of Earth do not fit in that red circle. Jesus was not impressed with such a small offer and turned the devil down.

Don't be so silly. The devil showed Jesus all the kingdoms of the world with his devil magic, which only works on high mountains...because...umm...

Shut up.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 29, 2022 at 10:23 pm)LinuxGal Wrote: Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

The author of Luke believed in a flat Earth and was unaware of the Han Kingdom to the East.
(November 30, 2022 at 10:30 am)Jehanne Wrote: The author of Luke believed in a flat Earth and was unaware of the Han Kingdom to the East.

And here I thought God himself was the author of Luke, and all Luke did was write down what God dictated to him.  At least, that's what the believers tell me. Then again, they also told me Jimmy Carter was the antichrist for giving away the Panama Canal.
(November 30, 2022 at 11:03 am)LinuxGal Wrote:
(November 30, 2022 at 10:30 am)Jehanne Wrote: The author of Luke believed in a flat Earth and was unaware of the Han Kingdom to the East.

And here I thought God himself was the author of Luke, and all Luke did was write down what God dictated to him.  At least, that's what the believers tell me. Then again, they also told me Jimmy Carter was the antichrist for giving away the Panama Canal.

Brother Billy also all in for endtimes, unless you're from the south.

[Image: il_570xN.2225894589_aw4b.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Lol, I remember years ago watching a Jesus movie (made in 1999) with Jeremy Sisto where they "solved" this problem by satan taking Jesus to the Earth's orbit. I remember how that seemed if not hilarious, then out of touch.

It's after 5:55 mark

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(November 30, 2022 at 10:46 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Lol, I remember years ago watching a Jesus movie (made in 1999) with Jeremy Sisto where they "solved" this problem by satan taking Jesus to the Earth's orbit. I remember how that seemed if not hilarious, then out of touch.

It's after 5:55 mark

Jesus, being a human hybrid, could not breath in space.

Or talk.

Must have been good acid.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
If I remember Josephus correctly, going into the wilderness was a right of passage for the Essene sect.

Like Brewer, I view Jesus story as a Castaneda experience.  He was tripping.
(December 1, 2022 at 1:48 pm)Ranjr Wrote: If I remember Josephus correctly, going into the wilderness was a right of passage for the Essene sect.

Like Brewer, I view Jesus story as a Castaneda experience.  He was tripping.

Tripping by not eating. Fasting has been a common religious ritual ever since people discovered (probably involuntarily, in periods of famine) that hunger produces hallucinations. Hallucinations, like dreams, have always been regarded as forms of communication with the supernatural.

Some American Indian tribes send young men into the wilderness to fast until they see visions, which were supposed to show them their personal spirit guides.

Similarly, medieval saints too were much given to fasting, which made them "encounter" angelic or demonic beings. Therefore fasting was considered to have magic powers. Some people fasted in order to encounter demons and use them to cause harm to others - that was known as the BLACK FAST. A woman named Mabel Brigge was executed in 1538 for carrying out a black fast against Henry VIII and the Duke of Norfolk. The bishop of Durham officially forbade black fasting in 1577.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Luke 4:5 LinuxGal 2 483 August 22, 2023 at 2:34 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Translation of Luke 2:2 DeistPaladin 11 3440 July 21, 2010 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist