Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 10:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living organisms
Living organisms
living organisms have always existed. Single-celled organisms came to Earth in a meteorite from another planet. Time goes without beginning and end
do you agree
RE: Living organisms
(December 8, 2022 at 5:58 am)Interaktive Wrote: living organisms have always existed. Single-celled organisms came to Earth in a meteorite from another planet. Time goes without beginning and end
do you agree

I disagree.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 8, 2022 at 6:06 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 8, 2022 at 5:58 am)Interaktive Wrote: living organisms have always existed. Single-celled organisms came to Earth in a meteorite from another planet. Time goes without beginning and end
do you agree

I disagree.

Boru

Why?
(December 8, 2022 at 6:07 am)Interaktive Wrote:
(December 8, 2022 at 6:06 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I disagree.

Boru

Why?

Because all of the available evidence indicates that life came from non-life. If ‘living organisms had always existed’, it would mean that life began at the Big Bang.

As usual, evolution is the better answer.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 8, 2022 at 6:11 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 8, 2022 at 6:07 am)Interaktive Wrote: Why?

Because all of the available evidence indicates that life came from non-life. If ‘living organisms had always existed’, it would mean that life began at the Big Bang.

Boru

there was no big bang
(December 8, 2022 at 6:16 am)Interaktive Wrote:
(December 8, 2022 at 6:11 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Because all of the available evidence indicates that life came from non-life. If ‘living organisms had always existed’, it would mean that life began at the Big Bang.

Boru

there was no big bang

*shrug* Call it whatever you like - inflation, instantiation - it really doesn’t matter. All evidence supports the notion that life arose from the gradually formation of complex organic molecules. Even if the universe is infinitely old (another position not supported by evidence), there is nothing to suggest that life is.

Boru
I am a German philosopher. I am smarter than Hawking and Krauss
(December 8, 2022 at 6:26 am)Interaktive Wrote: I am a German philosopher. I am smarter than Hawking and Krauss

I'm an Irish blacksmith. I am smarter than doorknobs and oranges.

Boru
Jewish myth about the beginning of the world. The myth of Hawking and Krauss about the beginning of the world
Bananas Foster is the best ice cream topping. Ground glass is the worst sandwich spread.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Living in Fear tackattack 59 8317 July 18, 2022 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Organisms and computers RozKek 9 700 May 25, 2016 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Is it possible to upload our minds into a computer or in engineered living tissue? Whateverist 37 6127 October 21, 2015 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  One step closer to proving abiogenesis? Scientists create "Near-Living Crystal" Ryantology 41 16525 January 31, 2015 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Cyberman