Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Energy As The Essence of Sentience
Energy As The Essence of Sentience
Brothers! Its been a long long time since I've been on an atheist forum, not since the days that I myself was an atheist, I was a hardcore atheist for 10 years but started believing in God again once I started smoking marijuana.

Good stuff.

Anyways I posit to you that Energy is the Essence of Sentience. That Energy is actually ALIVE, I have a pamphlet for this entire thing but its going to be published in the book I'm writing which I am calling ******. Of course if Energy is actually itself Sentience then the entire cosmos which is made of Energy would be essentially a Sentient Entity that we might call... God.

Just putting this out here to tease you all a little bit, not doing to much to prove it to you, I already do that in my book. Just something for you to mull over ^-^

I'm going to have a lot of fun with this forum.

Administrator Notice
Book title removed, against advertising rule.
RE: Energy As The Essence of Sentience
(December 30, 2022 at 7:03 am)Authari Wrote: Anyways I posit to you that Energy is the Essence of Sentience. That Energy is actually ALIVE, I have a pamphlet for this entire thing but its going to be published in the book I'm writing which I am calling
Administrator Notice
Book title removed.
'. Of course if Energy is actually itself Sentience then the entire cosmos which is made of Energy would be essentially a Sentient Entity that we might call... God.
Energy sez no eating hot dogs on Fridays of Lent.
Energy sez no two menfolk and no two womenfolk getting hitched.
Energy sez it needs money, so shell it out, care of the voice of Energy, the nice man on your television set.
Welcome. I suspect we’re going to have a fair bit of fun with you as well.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Welcome. As they say, the devil is in the details. I suspect you'll have some issue developing a definition of your terms that coheres with other things you believe.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
So you are saying that 12 volt battery is alive?
I think you have been smoking too much marijuana!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I think the only thing he believes is that he is a sufficiently arch bullshiter that he can profit, either emotionally or financially or both, from it.
So God is energy. Is God that small-dick energy Greta Thunberg has been talking about?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 30, 2022 at 8:19 am)Angrboda Wrote: Welcome.  As they say, the devil is in the details.  I suspect you'll have some issue developing a definition of your terms that coheres with other things you believe.

Other things that I believe? Like what?
I think it takes balls to declare “energy as the essence of sentience” when one has clear idea about neither what energy, nor what essence, nor what sentience really means.
(December 30, 2022 at 8:28 am)Authari Wrote:
(December 30, 2022 at 8:19 am)Angrboda Wrote: Welcome.  As they say, the devil is in the details.  I suspect you'll have some issue developing a definition of your terms that coheres with other things you believe.

Other things that I believe? Like what?

The principle is simple. If you adopt an unorthodox definition of something, or some concept, that difference from common usage when applied to other things may have unintended consequences.

I'll give a made-up example. A person recently suggested that his view was that God is everywhere, that the universe is like God's body, and we are like a toe or a finger. That leads to the question of whether all the parts of God are sentient. If so, then that would seem to imply, by the analogy, that toes and fingers are sentient, which they are not. At minimum, that points to a limitation of the analogy which needs elaboration through other means. However, one can't really back pedal and say that the toes and fingers of God are not sentient, even though he is, as that would imply that God is composed of parts, which has consequences and ramifications which show up in other areas of theological import. The long and short is, there is no free lunch. Words and language are a system of interdependent meanings. When you adjust one off here in the corner, that doesn't just affect that one corner, it has ramifications for the whole system.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If God exists, what is it about his essence that makes him supernatural? Edwardo Piet 29 10135 October 28, 2012 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Kirbmarc
  Thoughts on the "eternal consciousness" / "everything is energy" theories... hoppimike 8 4984 June 11, 2012 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Adjusted Sanity
  God is light energy, thoughts and plans. bjhulk 10 4530 February 8, 2011 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist