Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hindu vs Christain
Hindu vs Christain
There is an estimated 2.4b Christians. This is a fairly accurate number given the establish institutional structure of the faith. There is an estimated 1.2b Hindus. This is a rough number given the difficulties in quantifying India's population. There are also a predicted 1.2b agnostics/non-believers/atheists. And about 2b Muslims.

Why, if your one or the other, don't you believe in one or the other? 

For example. Why isn't Brahma (the creator) not the same as Jesus or Yayweh? What is Vishnu? Durga, Shiva and the rest? Why aren't these other entities explained? Or, do they not exist? Just like Zeus and Oden?
"I'm thick." - Me
RE: Hindu vs Christain
^This is gibberish.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 1, 2023 at 6:24 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ^This is gibberish.

Boru

It's all gibberish. I'm just asking why one bit doesn't believe the other bit.
"I'm thick." - Me
Some people do, either as is or in a modified form. A good number of those billions counted don't believe in any of them, too, they're just counted as-such by fun demographic pranks.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Jesus in the bible claimed that he is the only way to get in to Heaven, where God lives. Meaning, christians have good bases to dislike other religions. Hindus, from what I have heard don't give a f about christianity. People are often egostical, they praise their shit and hate on others people shit. For example, "USA is a christian country".
Life on Earth is like the jelly of the month club. Some folks though, don't know how to cancel their subscription.
(April 1, 2023 at 6:24 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ^This is gibberish.

Boru
sparked a little debate hater Tongue
"I'm thick." - Me
Good example. The abrahamic god does appear to demand an exclusive relationship - but it's been as true over history as it is today that abrahamics themselves are not so good at exclusivity. Alot of self professed christians would be fine with the idea that, somehow - other peoples god stories weren't wrong in general, just wrong on detail. That, as bahai nutters contend as an article of their faith, all religions are ultimately their religion.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
"That, as bahai nutters contend as an article of their faith, all religions are ultimately their religion."

What's a bahai nutter?
"I'm thick." - Me
(April 1, 2023 at 9:44 am)Goosebump Wrote: "That, as bahai nutters contend as an article of their faith, all religions are ultimately their religion."

What's a bahai nutter?

The Baháʼí Faith has three central figures: the Báb (1819–1850), considered a herald who taught his followers that God would soon send a prophet similar to Jesus or Muhammad and who was executed by Iranian authorities in 1850; Baháʼu'lláh (1817–1892), who claimed to be that prophet in 1863 and faced exile and imprisonment for most of his life; and his son, ʻAbdu'l-Bahá (1844–1921), who was released from confinement in 1908 and made teaching trips to Europe and the United States. After ʻAbdu'l-Bahá's death in 1921, the leadership of the religion fell to his grandson Shoghi Effendi (1897–1957). Baháʼís annually elect local, regional, and national Spiritual Assemblies that govern the religion's affairs, and every five years an election is held for the Universal House of Justice, the nine-member supreme governing institution of the worldwide Baháʼí community that is located in HaifaIsrael, near the Shrine of the Báb.

According to Baháʼí teachings, religion is revealed in an orderly and progressive way by a single God through Manifestations of God, who are the founders of major world religions throughout history; Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad are noted as the most recent of these, before the Báb and Baháʼu'lláh. Baháʼís regard the world's major religions as fundamentally unified in purpose, though diverging in social practices and interpretations. The Baháʼí Faith stresses the unity of people which is its core teaching. The outward differences in the religions, the Baháʼí writings state, are due to the exigencies of the time and place the religion was revealed. The teaching, however, does not equate unity with uniformity, but instead the Baháʼí writings advocate for the principle of unity in diversity where the variety in the human race is valued.[14][15][16] Baháʼís have their own sacred scripture, interpretations, laws and practices that, for Baháʼís, supersede those of other faiths.[17][18]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hindu hell purplepurpose 47 6072 January 31, 2019 at 8:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Scientific explanations of hindu traditions Aoi Magi 10 3625 September 10, 2015 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  On Twitter, Hindu trying to use science. Brian37 30 5831 March 3, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Hitler's Priestess: Savitri Devi, the Hindu-Aryan Myth, and Neo-Nazism theyear12013 2 3325 December 30, 2013 at 7:58 am
Last Post: theyear12013
  Your Opinions On The Hindu Milk Miracle. CoolBoy 6 6580 July 17, 2010 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  £16m Hindu temple opens in Wembley Welsh cake 17 11251 June 4, 2010 at 8:53 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Atheism: A cultural Hindu's POV InfidelRudy 6 4627 September 20, 2009 at 10:04 am
Last Post: InfidelRudy