Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Reason I'm Atheist
Rainbow 
The Reason I'm Atheist
Hi guys, 

Well i seem to be a little bit stuck in the concept of how people actually believe in god, couple of reasons why;

Why did God create people capable of Tyranny, Evil, Anger, Infliction, Argumentation, Aggressive. 

It just proves that  God cannot actually be real, or he would solely be to blame for all of it, as he made it possible.

Like, God made man capable of War, and Warmonger, there for kind of resolves at him as the origin.

I think generally a  lot of the world is generally really scammed by this and can't see it, cheated out of the real things we should believe and directions we should have. 

What do  you think?

Thanks Once
RE: The Reason I'm Atheist
Hi!
If a god made made everything, where was he before he made it?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Yeah true lol.
Welcome.

According to their own scriptures, god is a genocidal, misogynistic, celestial dictator.

Why wouldn't he create people like him on Earth,?
Dying to live, living to die.
Agree with the author of this topic. God(if we presume he exists) shows his maniacal, cynical, insane side by creating this miserable world. And God doesn't stop there, He proclaims himself Holy and expects passionate worship of His persona.
Yeah, Isaiah 45:7 is one of those bits believers conveniently ignore.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I was never successfully indoctrinated into any religion.
^Much the same. Though I tried to believe, I just couldn't find anything to prove to me that there was a god or gods. And if there was, I didn't like them much.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Welcome. The OP raises a very valid experiece. Many people, including many close to me, find the problem of evil very troubling. And in my deepest grief I feel the abursurdity of existence acutely. IMHO there are reasonable ways to ponder the problem, such as Liebnitz's "Best of All Possible Worlds" defense, weak sauce tho it may be. Personally, I accept that creation must be imperfect since God alone can be perfect. But one does wonder why it must still be so miserable.
<insert profound quote here>
(April 11, 2023 at 7:49 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: ^Much the same.  Though I tried to believe, I just couldn't find anything to prove to me that there was a god or gods.  And if there was, I didn't like them much.

I was expelled from Sunday School for asking awkward questions. "Where did Noah's sons find wives?"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink One simple reason AtheistStudly 8 2202 October 18, 2011 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Jay1982