Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:20 am

Poll: Is it possible to control time?
This poll is closed.
Yes, because God magically defies anything he wants!
0%
0 0%
Computers can control time. they're doing it right now!
11.11%
1 11.11%
No, because it's mathematically impossible to control time.
55.56%
5 55.56%
Watches control time.
11.11%
1 11.11%
There is a mathematical formula which controls time.
11.11%
1 11.11%
No, because we can't control Jesus.
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Time
Time
Voting instructions: only pick the choice(s) which best represent what your think. Post why you chose it and/or what your thoughts are about time(can it truly be controlled?) in the discussion below. DO NOT POST "I had an issue voting because the choices were too restrictive.". I know they are and that's not the point. You can only vote multiple times if you have multiple choices.

This is a private poll, so don't worry about who voted what.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILS BELOW.

RE: Time
I read the spoilers, but I didn't cheat, because I already thought of the answer to the poll question before clicking on the spoilers.

My answer:

(April 9, 2011 at 4:29 pm)Rayaan Wrote: I read the spoilers, but I didn't cheat, because I already thought of the answer to the poll question before clicking on the spoilers.

Good thing you didn't cheat, if you're not lying.
Why didn't you vote, then? This is a poll.

(April 9, 2011 at 4:29 pm)Rayaan Wrote: My answer:

Ok, I guess i wasn't clear. By time, I meant physical time.
(April 9, 2011 at 4:37 pm)Emporion Wrote: Why didn't you vote, then? This is a poll.

I would've voted for "No, because it's mathematically impossible to control time" only if it didn't have the "mathematically impossible" part. It didn't sound right to me because we can't control time regardless of the mathematical concepts. That's why I didn't vote. The rest of the options in the poll are not correct either.

But, I'll vote anyways just for the sake of voting even though I don't think it's accurate (3rd option).

(April 9, 2011 at 4:37 pm)Emporion Wrote: Ok, I guess i wasn't clear. By time, I meant physical time.

I knew you were talking about this kind of time. Like I already said, we can't control that because it's physical time.
I am not sure what is the point of voting. Time is a physical property of the universe. Its behavior and properties, including controllability weather practical or theoretical, is a matter of study for physics. Opinion uninstructed by physics counts for nothing.
(April 9, 2011 at 5:40 pm)Chuck Wrote: I am not sure what is the point of voting. Time is a physical property of the universe. It's properties, including controllability weather practical or theoretical, is a matter of study of physics. Opinion uninstructed in physics counts for nothing.

My dad doesn't understand the concept of not being able to control time. He thinks that if you get more done in the same time frame you are actually saving time even after I showed him the contradiction in his reasoning. He is a kind-of rational atheist. I wanted to see if people here knew that it's mathematically impossible to control time.

Even Google thinks it is possible to control time.
[Image: g__Azita_5_Year_Anniversary_Tempus_Fucki...02_003.jpg]
(April 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm)Rayaan Wrote:
(April 9, 2011 at 4:37 pm)Emporion Wrote: Why didn't you vote, then? This is a poll.

I would've voted for "No, because it's mathematically impossible to control time" only if it didn't have the "mathematically impossible" part.

Logic is a subset of mathematical concepts. Let me get this straight. You don't want to vote for "No, because it's mathematically impossible to control time" because you didn't think it was logical to control time?

(April 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm)Rayaan Wrote: It didn't sound right to me because we can't control time regardless of the mathematical concepts. That's why I didn't vote.

That's why I was very specific in the voting instructions: only pick the choice(s) which best represents what your think.

(April 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm)Rayaan Wrote: The rest of the options in the poll are not correct either.

I'm glad you recognized that.

(April 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm)Rayaan Wrote: But, I'll vote anyways just for the sake of voting even though I don't think it's accurate (3rd option).

Why would I make a poll for people not to vote in and then give them specific instructions on how to vote?

(April 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm)Rayaan Wrote:
(April 9, 2011 at 4:37 pm)Emporion Wrote: Ok, I guess i wasn't clear. By time, I meant physical time.

I knew you were talking about this kind of time. Like I already said, we can't control that because it's physical time.

You listed 3 options. The poll was only for the physical time. I believe I clarified this confusion already.
You have not offered any detailed explanation of what you meant by "controlling time". So any answer is likely to be vague and not to the point.
(April 9, 2011 at 6:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: g__Azita_5_Year_Anniversary_Tempus_Fucki...02_003.jpg]

I'm sorry, but you can't fuck with time. It's just physically impossible.
(April 9, 2011 at 6:13 pm)Chuck Wrote: You have not offered any detailed explanation of what you meant by "controlling time". So any answer is likely to be vague and not to the point.

What is your answer?
The poll is vague. You don't like vague polls which deal with specifically vague concepts?