Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
France Bans Burqas
France Bans Burqas
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/11...le=France_
(Mass protest to follow)
I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them

-- Galileo Galilei
RE: France Bans Burqas
Well that was silly of france: now more women will be raped.

Here we ban the burqa, there they ban the blue jeans, out yonder is banned the underwear, and we arrive at our final destination: the nudists. Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 11, 2011 at 8:54 pm)the6dead Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/11...le=France_
(Mass protest to fallow)

Mass protest left unused or inactive? Wut?

Dictionary.com Wrote:Fallow;
–adjective
not in use; inactive:
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Who'd of thought the French would have more balls than the Brits?
(April 11, 2011 at 9:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Who'd of thought the French would have more balls than the Brits?

Not I... I'm going to have to change my racist/nationalistic pseudo-jokes if this sort of thing keeps up Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 11, 2011 at 9:48 pm)Dotard Wrote:
(April 11, 2011 at 8:54 pm)the6dead Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/11...le=France_
(Mass protest to fallow)

Mass protest left unused or inactive? Wut?

Dictionary.com Wrote:Fallow;
–adjective
not in use; inactive:

Thinks for the correction. I hate my phones autodic.
I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them

-- Galileo Galilei
Of course, everyone knows that the veil is not a threat to public safety nor is it hurting anyone. It is being banned just because it's a symbol of Muslim space and the refusal to assimilate. France is afraid of the growth of Muslim population in the country and they don't like this and that's the only reason that I can see for banning it. The Muslim women in France choose to wear it, and they're happy about it, and no one is forcing them to wear it, unlike the women in Afghanistan where they may get shot with an AK-47 by the Taliban if they don't wear it. *shudders*
The French have an image to uphold, Rayaan.

<snip>

You want to be French? Act French.
(April 12, 2011 at 1:28 am)Rayaan Wrote: Of course, everyone knows that the veil is not a threat to public safety nor is it hurting anyone. It is being banned just because it's a symbol of Muslim space and the refusal to assimilate. France is afraid of the growth of Muslim population in the country and they don't like this and that's the only reason that I can see for banning it. The Muslim women in France choose to wear it, and they're happy about it, and no one is forcing them to wear it, unlike the women in Afghanistan where they may get shot with an AK-47 by the Taliban if they don't wear it. *shudders*

Sorry rayaan but 'In the West' the only people who cover their faces in public are criminals and the diseased.

You want to be Muslim and continue your "Cultural traditions" go to a muslim country and stay away from the "Western Countries" I am certain that should the situation be reversed I would not be allowed to walk around 'in public' in muslim countries as I do here in my home country.

I think France is being very brave or very clever...the garment is 'Banned' in public so should anyone be taunted or persecuted for wearing such a garment over their face where do they stand in a court of law should they wish to whinge or make a legal complaint?? Thinking
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 12, 2011 at 1:28 am)Rayaan Wrote: Of course, everyone knows that the veil is not a threat to public safety nor is it hurting anyone. It is being banned just because it's a symbol of Muslim space and the refusal to assimilate. France is afraid of the growth of Muslim population in the country and they don't like this and that's the only reason that I can see for banning it. The Muslim women in France choose to wear it, and they're happy about it, and no one is forcing them to wear it, unlike the women in Afghanistan where they may get shot with an AK-47 by the Taliban if they don't wear it. *shudders*

If your imams would hold their tongues when western women, or any women for that matter, wear pants, leave their hair uncovered, or heaven forbid, wear a real bathing suit, then we'll talk. Until then, a veil is a threat to truly decent things, such as those.

(April 11, 2011 at 9:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Who'd of thought the French would have more balls than the Brits?

The French always had more balls then the Brits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  France is Simply Saying Non to the Abayah Leonardo17 41 2938 December 5, 2023 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Huolpoch
  Germany - School bans miniskirts because "religion" and "culture" Dystopia 93 15602 July 5, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Russia bans Islamic hadith books mralstoner 9 3119 December 1, 2014 at 2:41 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Once Again.... If You Don't Like France... Minimalist 153 21473 July 11, 2014 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Polaris