Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
France is Simply Saying Non to the Abayah
France is Simply Saying Non to the Abayah
The headscarf, Christian crosses and Jewish kipas were already banned in France since 2004. The Burkini is also banned in some public beaches. Now a particular middle eastern clothe called “Abayah” has also been banned.

[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

RE: France is Simply Saying Non to the Abayah
I'll bet all the money on the goddamn planet that France does not enforce the laws against Christian crosses, and that only Muslims will really need to abide by this requirement.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
I will also add these quotes from the French Minister of Education Gabriel Attal:
“Secularism is not a constraint, it is a liberty”

(September 6, 2023 at 9:49 am)Aegon Wrote: I'll bet all the money on the goddamn planet that France does not enforce the laws against Christian crosses, and that only Muslims will really need to abide by this requirement.

Well that would be profoundly racist wouldn’t it? Smile

- I don’t think I agree with that. In US schools almost everyone is wearing large crosses etc. especially minority groups. So these and Jewish Kippas are to be banned.

Also, as a symbol, I have come to understand that the Hijap is simply bigger in size. And the message is much stronger. But that’s another issue, so I think they are absolutely right Smile

Back when I was in school (1960's) we had to wear the school uniform, no exceptions
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(September 6, 2023 at 10:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote:
(September 6, 2023 at 9:49 am)Aegon Wrote: I'll bet all the money on the goddamn planet that France does not enforce the laws against Christian crosses, and that only Muslims will really need to abide by this requirement.

Well that would be profoundly racist wouldn’t it? Smile

- I don’t think I agree with that. In US schools almost everyone is wearing large crosses etc. especially minority groups. So these and Jewish Kippas are to be banned.

Also, as a symbol, I have come to understand that the Hijap is simply bigger in size. And the message is much stronger. But that’s another issue, so I think they are absolutely right Smile

it would only be racism, or some thing akin to racism, if the discrimination is based on some thing, one cannot change, or are extremely difficult and burdensome to change, to the extent the cost of the change outweigh any benefit of affecting the change
I'm conflicted by such laws.

My libertarian side wants people to be able to wear whatever they want. My utilitarian side wants society protected from the insidious influence of religion.

Tricky.
(September 6, 2023 at 10:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: Well that would be profoundly racist wouldn’t it? Smile

No, but it would be religious bigotry.

(September 6, 2023 at 10:54 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(September 6, 2023 at 10:05 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: Well that would be profoundly racist wouldn’t it? Smile

it would only be racism, or some thing akin to racism, if the discrimination is based on some thing, one cannot change, or are extremely difficult and burdensome to change, to the extent the cost of the change outweigh any benefit of affecting the change

I don't think that's a fair definition of racism or racial discrimination. And I think telling Muslims they cannot wear the garb that is intrinsic to their belief system is a form of discrimination. 

I would also absolutely not agree with the idea that it's not discrimination if you can simply remove it. Negative feeling towards religious groups aren't focused solely on religious garb, it's those who subscribe to the faith that they really dislike. Banning hijab or khimar is a relatively kind, roundabout way of trying to remove Muslims from society.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
I don’t think it is automatically or intrinsically wrong to attempt to suppress expression of specific religions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5319 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 4053 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tolerance the Quran gave non-believers WinterHold 95 14700 December 29, 2019 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Should muslims obey infidel leaders in non islamic countries? Rika82 6 1020 September 13, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  8000 Muslims massacred by White, racist European non-Muslims. All Euro vs Euro WinterHold 92 17833 June 13, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Allah's punishment for atheist & non believers yragnitup 62 12782 June 11, 2018 at 6:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  In muslims schools teachers beat kids and teach them hate toward non-muslims Fake Messiah 26 4913 January 25, 2017 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Is Allah simply testing the Palestinains? ReptilianPeon 21 4569 May 5, 2015 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Robert Spencer's Non-Scholarly Tricks Revealed Rayaan 22 4312 January 15, 2015 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  Once Again.... If You Don't Like France... Minimalist 153 21477 July 11, 2014 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Polaris