Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do Islamic theologians study the Bible in countries where Hebrew is illegal?
How do Islamic theologians study the Bible in countries where Hebrew is illegal?
If I am not mistaken, in many Islamic countries studying Hebrew is illegal. Yet, the Koran assumes that the reader is familiar with the Bible. But most of the books of the Bible are originally written in Hebrew. So, how do Islamic theologians in those countries study those books of the Bible?
RE: How do Islamic theologians study the Bible in countries where Hebrew is illegal?
In translation, presumably.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: How do Islamic theologians study the Bible in countries where Hebrew is illegal?
(August 11, 2023 at 5:14 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: If I am not mistaken, in many Islamic countries studying Hebrew is illegal. Yet, the Koran assumes that the reader is familiar with the Bible. But most of the books of the Bible are originally written in Hebrew. So, how do Islamic theologians in those countries study those books of the Bible?

I was unable to find any sources indicating that Hebrew is outlawed in Islamic countries. I’d be happy to see your references for this. In fact, Jews and Christians, as dhimmi, have protections under Islamic law. You’re safer being an observant Jew in Iran than you are being a Muslim apostate.

And, as Rev said, I would imagine they can study the Bible in Arabic.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 11, 2023 at 5:14 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: If I am not mistaken, in many Islamic countries studying Hebrew is illegal. Yet, the Koran assumes that the reader is familiar with the Bible. But most of the books of the Bible are originally written in Hebrew. So, how do Islamic theologians in those countries study those books of the Bible?

They do the Arabic equivalent of what Evangelicals do in the Bible Belt, read the King James Only, in King James English, just like Jesus talked.

I can't find any evidence of this though Googling. Could you link me to your source on Hebrew being illegal in some places?
?
https://www.languagebookings.com/learn-h...gypt/cairo

and

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news...f642d10000

and here's the bomb:

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/israe...udi-arabia

I advice you to stop taking news from Rightists.
This is the bomb, really Hilarious 

[img=0x0]https://tablet-mag-images.b-cdn.net/production/75f3b28b92960e8eb84fb02e4b16b22c44d68a37-2560x1060.jpg?w=1300&q=70&auto=format&dpr=1[/img]
[Image: 75f3b28b92960e8eb84fb02e4b16b22c44d68a37...rmat&dpr=1]

Just as food for thoughts:

Arab governments are more zionist than Israelies. They love and adore Hebrew.
Though, Arab populations hate Jews and feel for Palestinians, wishing Palestine would be liberated.

Ever saw this ? 
This is in Saudi Arabia !
(August 11, 2023 at 9:31 pm)WinterHold Wrote: This is the bomb, really Hilarious 

[img=0x0]https://tablet-mag-images.b-cdn.net/production/75f3b28b92960e8eb84fb02e4b16b22c44d68a37-2560x1060.jpg?w=1300&q=70&auto=format&dpr=1[/img]
[Image: 75f3b28b92960e8eb84fb02e4b16b22c44d68a37...rmat&dpr=1]

Just as food for thoughts:

Arab governments are more zionist than Israelies. They love and adore Hebrew.
Though, Arab populations hate Jews and feel for Palestinians, wishing Palestine would be liberated.

It isn't so much that Arab populations hate Jews as it is that they hate Israel.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It isn’t so much they hate Israel as they hate the long standing power disparity with the west of which is Israel is the most tangible and visceral symbol de jure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Islamic serial killer, murderer Anti.Enslave 8 134 April 23, 2024 at 7:55 am
Last Post: Anti.Enslave
  Taliban stop female Afghan students leaving country to study in Dubai zebo-the-fat 43 3336 September 1, 2023 at 1:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2299 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
Rainbow Invite the people of the world to attack the Islamic religion Eclectic 9 1269 December 14, 2022 at 11:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why "Jihad" martyrdom is important in Islamic faith? AniKoferBo 13 1436 January 6, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Islamic prophet's foreknowledge of the Terfeziaceae's health benefits R00tKiT 29 2716 July 4, 2021 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  When was Sunni Islamic hadiths first translated to English Sweden83 1 584 December 4, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sudan ends 30 years of Islamic Law Foxaèr 34 6074 September 9, 2020 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7862 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Females are less intelligent than men according to authentic Sunni islamic hadith Binki21 9 1336 November 22, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut