Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lgbtq+ Activism
Lgbtq+ Activism
Is anyone here involved in improving lgbtq+ rights and lives? What are some gokd ways to get involved in that stuff?

And for those who aren't, but are supportive, what things do you think we can all do to help (vote, boycott, petition, protest, etc)?
RE: Lgbtq+ Activism
I am not much of an activist. I do vote according to who I think will respect and protect rights for everyone.

Probably the most I contributed was to raise my kids to accept and respect everyone (considering they haven't done anything to lose that respect). My kids weren't raised to see race or sexual/gender lifestyles as anything to base an opinion of a person on. In that area, I think I did a pretty good job.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I’m an ally always, and an activist situationally. I’m not a part of any LGBTQ+ rights groups, but I have on occasion come to the defense of people being harassed. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm an ally but I don't do much beyond advocating verbally and hanging a Pride flag in my window.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I've been part of multiple lggtq+ groups, and been on Pride marches. But these days, it seems like more is needed. I can see some things going backwards, and that's worrying.
I'm supportive of the LGBTQ+ community but not politically active. I only vote for candidates that explicitly support the community, and boycott homophobic businesses (including not buying anything manufactured in places where LGBTQ+ rights and lives are at risk).
I used to be more active politically about gay rights when I was younger, but not so much as I've got older. If I lived in America, where the issues seem to be much more polarised, then maybe I'd have to be a bit more vocal, but as it stands, living in the UK, I don't feel any real sense of oppression.
I think there's a pretty big resurgence in anti-trans sentiment in the UK at the moment.
(August 12, 2023 at 5:02 pm)FrustratedFool Wrote: I think there's a pretty big resurgence in anti-trans sentiment in the UK at the moment.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that.... I didn't know that.
$ git clone https://github.com/lunasorcery/pridecat.git
$ cd pridecat
$ make && make install

$ pridecat README.md

[Image: screenshot-from-2023-08-12-17-19-48.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is LGBTQ Propaganda? Leonardo17 3 464 November 25, 2022 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Toxoplasmosis of Rage :: Analysis of the activism of lies Autumnlicious 12 3258 December 29, 2014 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Awsome pro cannabis legalisation activism! Something completely different 5 1971 July 15, 2013 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye