Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slam dunk - Jesus had no clue
Slam dunk - Jesus had no clue
[Image: 0001251.jpg]

Matthew 24:30-34 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory...Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till ALL these things be fulfilled.

Mark 13:27-30 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven...Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till ALL these things be done.

Luke 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till ALL be fulfilled.

Derp.
RE: Slam dunk - Jesus had no clue
You'd think that woudl do it, but....
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
People always loved reading fictional stories about the end of the world.

Bart Ehrman even credits these end-of-the-world "prophecies" to the popularity of gospels comparing them to some end-of-the-world bestseller book of the 1970s (when he was in college) that is now long forgotten for obvious reasons.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Jesus, "Shit, my watch is broken! When was I supposed to return to Earth??"
Dying to live, living to die.
Sorry, the only thing that stuck was 'coming in the clouds'.

[Image: jacking-off-beat-it.gif]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
It does seem to be a failed prophecy. Apologists use various techniques and methods to try and make it that it wasn't. The best contender, in my opinion, is preterism of some variety.
That's as it maybe buy what you should fear is The Coming of The Great White Handkerchief, or tissues, does anyone still do handkerchiefs?  Do deities still do handkerchiefs?
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
JH
I just love how everything is a "fairytale", until it has some "use" against the Faithful. Then it's
gospel & absolute truth!

Obviously, something is either lost in the various translations. Or there's a deeper meaning that
heathen drones wouldn't understand anyway.
Quis ut Deus?
(September 10, 2023 at 8:42 pm)ronedee Wrote: Obviously, something is either lost in the various translations. Or there's a deeper meaning that

Amazing how something gets 'lost' in the translations, and simultaneously three separate passages suddenly mean the exact opposite of what they plainly mean.
(September 10, 2023 at 8:42 pm)ronedee Wrote: I just love how everything is a "fairytale", until it has some "use" against the Faithful. Then it's
gospel & absolute truth!

Obviously, something is either lost in the various translations. Or there's a deeper meaning that

Oh, please do explain it to us "heathen drones".  Hilarious
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions I have had about the Bible recently... FlatAssembler 12 2155 July 24, 2021 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 3980 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 34417 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  So, "Noah" had four big-ass cranes? Minimalist 27 4473 April 15, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  If i had a dollar for every time... dyresand 22 5768 January 10, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Kirk Cameron-Don't drink the koolaid and think Christmas had pagan origins. downbeatplumb 122 18245 December 8, 2014 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Tonus
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7243 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  What if Jesus had failed? Tonus 110 30417 August 26, 2013 at 5:50 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Why Adam had no sense. JudgeDracoAmunRa 22 8419 January 15, 2012 at 4:11 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  I Had a Dream FadingW 25 6326 May 2, 2011 at 11:08 am
Last Post: ib.me.ub