Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance?
Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance?
This is for both theists and atheists to answer.

Imagine you travel back in time, and have the opportunity to save Jesus from being humiliated, tortured horribly, dying a slow painful death, having his body desecrated by the Roman guards, etc.

There is no question that your attempt would be successful. 

Would you?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
RE: Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance?
Hell, no?

ETA: OOOPS! That was supposed to be HELL NO!
Not on my watch JC, and stop babbling about your plans..you've lost alot of blood.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
How many jesusises (?jesi?) do I have to kill before I get the right one? Wouldn't it be easier to kill mary?

If I agree, do I have to conform to a specific manner of death?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Absolutely. I'd save him, take him some place secluded and discretely strangle the f*cker to death. Then I'd burn the body. That way, if Jesus' death is indeed necessary for salvation of humankind - god's will would have been fulfilled and our sins - forgiven. But we'd have been spared all the christian bullsh*t... Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 15, 2016 at 8:34 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Absolutely. I'd save him, take him some place secluded and discretely strangle the f*cker to death. Then I'd burn the body. That way, if Jesus' death is indeed necessary for salvation of humankind - god's will would have been fulfilled and our sins - forgiven. But we'd have been spared all the christian bullsh*t... Tongue

I'm both disturbed and aroused by this post. 
(not in that order)
If I believed in the crap and I had the chance yes ... Not for his sake but to stop a crappy religion ....
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
What if you compared

Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had the chance?

To

Would you have saved the Allied soldiers from death in World War 2 or was the death of many Allied soldiers necessary to win the war ?
I most certainly would have tried to save him. What kind of person stands around and watches/assists a murder?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 15, 2016 at 8:51 pm)Losty Wrote: I most certainly would have tried to save him. What kind of person stands around and watches/assists a murder?

Losty

Isn't the story that Jesus rose from the dead to live forever ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slam dunk - Jesus had no clue LinuxGal 19 1307 September 16, 2023 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Data
  Why do I need to be saved? zwanzig 15 1073 August 3, 2023 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Questions I have had about the Bible recently... FlatAssembler 12 2091 July 24, 2021 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5217 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
  How do Christians imagine 2nd coming of Jesus? Fake Messiah 39 3570 September 15, 2020 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty? Greatest I am 159 8860 September 10, 2020 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 8575 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3309 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4315 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7585 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm