Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Adam had no sense.
Why Adam had no sense.
Discuss this:

If Adam had had any sense whatsoever, then the 1st day in Eden would have something like this:

Adam: Hey God! Can you make me an axe and a shovel please?

God: What for?

Adam: So I can chop that bloody tree down and bury it deep within the earth.

God: You don't want to go doing that.

Adam: Whay ever not?

God: There's no room. That's where I've hidden all the skeletal structures I etched in rock for the creature designs I rejected.
The interesting thing about Truth is that Truth is still Truth even if the devil speaks it. The interesting thing about Lies is that Lies are still Lies even if God speaks them.
RE: Why Adam had no sense.
e/b/in Big GrinDDD
But seriously, he was probably too busy naming the current creature designs of the day.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Quote:If Adam had had any sense whatsoever--

He MAY have had some sense had he existed as an individual. However,he probably would have been just as pussy whipped by Eve,and STILL would have made a complete pig's breakfast out of the whole thing. (keeping in mind just what TOUCHY pair of arseholes El and his wife Asherah were,until Asherah got edited out of the Torah and El became YHWH)Tiger

Not even the Catholics now see The Book of Genesis as anything more than allegory. The ONLY people bloody mindedly ignorant enough to do so today are members of the lunar right in Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
Adam didn't have any sense because he did what a woman told him to do.

*ducks & runs*
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
A lot of believers don't take it literally now, and that is a good thing, but really, where do you draw the line? The stories were meant to be taken literally. If you don't, then how can you choose which parts to believe in and which parts to not believe in? It all just collapses.

This is what I find strange about the Catholic church. The official stance is that evolution is a real thing, yet they still insist in believing that the Adam & Eve story is completely true. So did they evolve, or were they poofed into existence by God? You can't really have it both ways.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Adam would've been too busy naming 2 million species of animals. Probably more back then since so many have since died off.

I wonder how all 2 million happened to wander by Adam ... or maybe god gave Adam some photos of Australian, Asian, African, and the Americas animals? .... or maybe Adam walked the entire earth and swam all the oceans?

How long does it take one to name that many animals? I mean for christsake he couldn't have been too terribly smart ... he trusted a woman he'd just met and ate a fruit that an all-powerful deity told him not to.

Dur
[Image: Evolution.png]

(January 12, 2012 at 3:12 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: This is what I find strange about the Catholic church. The official stance is that evolution is a real thing, yet they still insist in believing that the Adam & Eve story is completely true. So did they evolve, or were they poofed into existence by God? You can't really have it both ways.

Oh sure you can, and obviously they do. These people don't actually give a shit (from the pope on down to rank and file). They don't care how we ended up where we are, or when it happened. They're just tired of looking like complete douche-nozzles so they capitulated. The stories are all completely "true"..without being factually accurate (except when they are...even if they aren't). Spiritual buffet: take what you like, leave what you don't...and someone else will clean up the table when you're done making a mess of the place. All you need to know is how much to tip the waiter.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 12, 2012 at 3:12 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: This is what I find strange about the Catholic church. The official stance is that evolution is a real thing, yet they still insist in believing that the Adam & Eve story is completely true. So did they evolve, or were they poofed into existence by God? You can't really have it both ways.

Oh yes they can! Just ask them! ROFLOL

edit:
Darn, someone beat me to it Sad
Let me rephrase that: You can't have it both ways if you want people to take you seriously and not see you as a hypocrite.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slam dunk - Jesus had no clue LinuxGal 19 1386 September 16, 2023 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Data
  Adam & Eve T.J. 4 1069 November 6, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Questions I have had about the Bible recently... FlatAssembler 12 2168 July 24, 2021 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The 500 & Common Sense. Jehanne 53 4341 June 29, 2021 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  The Adam & Eve Myth - Origins Gwaithmir 125 13666 July 13, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Knowing god outside a biblical sense Foxaèr 60 10748 March 31, 2018 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 3987 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Does this Make Sense to You? Rhondazvous 28 5202 July 28, 2016 at 11:16 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 34456 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  So, "Noah" had four big-ass cranes? Minimalist 27 4497 April 15, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon