Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quebec Jr Hockey Bans Fighting
Quebec Jr Hockey Bans Fighting
Quebec Junior Hockey League bans fighting for 2023-24 season.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-bru..._secondary

"According to the new safety mandates set down by the QMJHL, any player who engages in a fight will be automatically ejected from a game.

Any player “found to have instigated the fight” will get an automatic one-game suspension, while the player “declared to be the aggressor during the fight” will be handed a minimum two-game suspension. "

If fighting were banned I might actually watch a NHL game. About time.
RE: Quebec Jr Hockey Bans Fighting
I agree Hockey is suppose to be a game of speed and coordination not mindless violence
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

That might end up being a very small league.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Like Rodney Dangerfield said, "I was at a boxing match and a hockey game broke out!"
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Hockey without violence is like pancakes without syrup.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 22, 2023 at 11:59 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Hockey without violence is like pancakes without syrup.

Boru

So you mean yummy?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 22, 2023 at 11:59 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Hockey without violence is like pancakes without syrup.

Boru
So tasty then
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(September 22, 2023 at 12:34 pm)Foxaèr Wrote:

Boru

So you mean yummy?

I mean healthier but not nearly as satisfying.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I know very little about hockey.  I thought it was fighting on ice skates.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 22, 2023 at 1:27 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I know very little about hockey.  I thought it was fighting on ice skates.

[Image: a8ca741b84a81195b8b04d59dac8d245.jpg]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've Watched Hockey For A Long Time Minimalist 6 1288 February 28, 2016 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist