Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Caliphate (Kalifat)
Video 
The Caliphate (Kalifat)
   This is a 2020 series on a number of Swedish women being involved with the terror organization of ISIL / DAESH when it controlled some areas of Iraq and Syria between 2014-2017.

Since 2017 there is this debate among European Nations on whether or not to let these “ISIL women” back to countries like France, the UK, Belgium etc.

Before I watched this Netflix series I was among the people who were opposed to the return of such people back to European soil. My point of view was: “If these people reject all European values, than why let these people come back once their “Islamic caliphate” has failed and they want to return to Europe like rats on a sinking boat?”.

In this series you can see how these “religious minded people” and/or (just to be more accurate) terrorists are getting organized even in relatively well organized and secure societies like Sweden and are than able to recruit all sorts of people into their cause.  

So it’s a must-see if you are interested in these of subjects.  Cool

[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

RE: The Caliphate (Kalifat)
Because a country should be responsible for its own citizens even if the citizen misbehave and rejects the country’s nominal values?

Just because the country failed to keep its cotizens from misguided paths suddenly someone else should be saddled with these miscreant?

This is one of the more repulsively entitled notion of “western values” that I’ve seen.
It's an interesting issue.
If I renounce my nation and fight alongside its enemies against it, should I then be received back into that nation of which I am no longer a citizen?
(December 3, 2023 at 7:21 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Because a country should be responsible for its own citizens even if the citizen misbehave and rejects the country’s nominal values?

Just because the country failed to keep its cotizens from misguided paths suddenly someone else should be saddled with these miscreant?

This is one of the more repulsively entitled notion of “western values” that I’ve seen.

What's the penalty for rejecting Islam (apostasy)? 

If a citizen of a country renounces their country in favor of another, by all means, the other country can keep the miscreant.  Personal responsibility, consequences for one's actions,and all that jazz.

"I made a mistake! I don't want to wear a burka and be property!"  Well, you should've thought about that before you denounced a country where you are a person and you are treated with respect.
... but I know none, and therefore am no best.
Renouncing citizenship is a formal process.   Just because someone decried the the value of the country of their passport and fought against it doesn’t make them an enemy combatant.   They are still citizens committing treason unless they underwent the formal process.
(December 5, 2023 at 5:02 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Renouncing citizenship is a formal process.   Just because someone decried the the value of the country of their passport and fought against it doesn’t make them an enemy combatant.   They are still citizens committing treason unless they underwent the formal process.

Interesting factlet: it costs about 25% more to apply for NZ citizenship than it does renounce it. However, it costs three times as much to renounce US citizenship as it does to apply for it.

There a lesson in there somewhere.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 5, 2023 at 5:02 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Renouncing citizenship is a formal process.   Just because someone decried the the value of the country of their passport and fought against it doesn’t make them an enemy combatant.   They are still citizens committing treason unless they underwent the formal process.

Can't a nation revoke someone's citizenship, though?
For the US, a natural born citizen cannot have their US citizenship revoked.

For a naturalized citizen, there are some instances where it can be.. such as lying on citizenship app, treason, terrorism.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Contentious as it may be, if these vermin ran off to fight for, or support, a terrorist organisation like ISIS, we should refuse to let them back into their native countries and let the country where their group did the damage decide whst to do with them.
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 5, 2023 at 7:36 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Contentious as it may be, if these vermin ran off to fight for, or support, a terrorist organisation like ISIS, we should refuse to let them back into their native countries and let the country where their group did the damage decide whst to do with them.
A german court sentenced Jennifer W. to 14 years of prison for letting a young girl die of thirst, a girl Jennifer and her husband had abducted and enslaved. Hubby exposed the girl to the baking sun in Iraq as a punishment. Afer the kid was dead, Jennifer put a gun to the head of the girls mother forcing her to stop crying. Jennifer was convicted of crimes against humanity.

Jennifer is scum, dont be like Jennifer.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obama quoted Muhammad from speech endorsing caliphate and beheading mralstoner 8 3143 February 14, 2016 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd