Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elon Musk
Elon Musk
I ran across this article this morning, and when I got here to post it I figured we could just jam all musk news into one thread. Hopefully this'll serve that purpose.

Quote:Elon Musk has restored the X account of conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, pointing to a poll on the social media platform formerly known as Twitter that came out in favor of the Infowars host who repeatedly called the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting a hoax.

It poses new uncertainty for advertisers, who have fled X over concerns about hate speech appearing alongside their ads, and is the latest divisive public personality to get back their banned account.

Musk posted a poll on Saturday asking if Jones should be reinstated, with the results showing 70% of those who responded in favor. Early Sunday, Musk tweeted, “The people have spoken and so it shall be.”

A few hours later, Jones’ posts were visible again and he retweeted a post about his video game. He and his Infowars show had been permanently banned in 2018 for abusive behavior.

Musk, who has described himself as a free speech absolutist, said the move was about protecting those rights. In response to a user who posted that “permanent account bans are antithetical to free speech,” Musk wrote, “I find it hard to disagree with this point.”

The billionaire Tesla CEO also tweeted it’s likely that Community Notes — X’s crowd-sourced fact-checking service — “will respond rapidly to any AJ post that needs correction.”

It is a major turnaround for Musk, who previously said he wouldn’t let Jones back on the platform despite repeated calls to do so. Last year, Musk pointed to the death of his first-born child and tweeted, “I have no mercy for anyone who would use the deaths of children for gain, politics or fame.”

https://apnews.com/article/alex-jones-x-...67fbe16372

Y'know, if he bought Twitter deliberately to set out on its destruction, I wouldn't be surprised, because he's doing a damned good job.

RE: Elon Musk
The new conservative motto is: Let's see what absurdities we can create to lead to our downfall.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
There are dozens of explanations, all of them leaving Elmo looking like a dunce. I think he accidentally set it on fire by believing, as many of his type often do, that everyone else secretly agreed with him on a number of ad dollar repellant items. That, as they so often fantasize about at length, were people empowered or given voice they'll all say the thing - and then no one..anywhere...ever...would suffer consequences of any kind for voicing such views again.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Musk's approach to free speech reminds me of a quote by H.L.Mencken: “For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong.”
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Smile 
I’m trying to work this out, and having precious little luck.

-Advertisers leave X over concerns about hate speech.

-Musk complains vehemently about his loss of ad revenue, and vows to get it back.

-To help accomplish the above, he reinstates the account of the archetype of American hate speech.

Huh?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
He also told them to go fuck themselves in between. Multiple times...even as he admitted that advertiser flight is going to kill the company.

I really liked his spin on it though - he insists they think they can blackmail him with money. Him, can you believe it?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Brilliance in an area is not immunity to stupidity regarding other areas.
~ Erin Hunter
That's certainly true, but I'm not sure what elmo is supposed to have been brilliant at.

Paypal? Created by merger, and they shitcanned his ass.
Tesla? Martin Eberhard and Marc Tappening.
Space X? A welfare queen born out of the failure to buy an icbm from russia lead by a fucking spy.

Elmo is not brilliant, has never been brilliant. Elmo is wealthy, and has always been wealthy. Thankfully...for elmo at least, money buys alot of mythmaking.
In a country that worships capitalism, making money tends to be the only worthy sign of brilliance.
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:Elon Musk vows to change his AI chatbot after it apparently expressed similar left-wing political views as ChatGPT

Business Insider

LOL
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elon Musk Says SpaceX Will Send People to Mars by 2025 Heat 9 1478 January 30, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: mralstoner