Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 9:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF
WTF
[Image: fresh-air-fresh-air-horse-flavor-wtf-dem...623929.jpg]
RE: WTF
Do you know if the advertisement is from Japan or China? (Thinking it's from China because of the characters, but it can be Kanji too though.)
But if it's from Japan... I won't be as surprised.
Quote:"I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away. Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them."
— Philip Pullman
That's one of those things that cracks me up every time I look at it.

Like the time that a news teaser like this one was on my home page all day.
Quote:A suicide bomber blew himself at a mosque inside the police compound as officers were praying, wounding 28 people in the first attack on a mosque since extremists started targeting the predominantly Muslim country a decade ago.
Associated Press
You know what I thought was even funnier? That they called it them "flavors." They're frigging scents. I went into a Yankee Candle store once and asked the lady where the car fresheners were and she said, "Over here. What flavor do you want?" I said, "You make edible car fresheners?"
mmm HORSE FLAVORED scent.

"Sweetheart..what is that flavor I taste in my mouth?"

"Why thats none other than Horse Flavored Fresh Air!"
[Image: caution-run-into-it.jpg]
Crash Carefully
[Image: dork-bowels.jpg]
No thanks.. I think I will just have some Australian meat instead
I've been around horses before, and don't particularly care for the aroma.

I think on failblog.org they had a picture of some Japanese product like air freshener or something, and it said "Pussy air" on it.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
this is what I have gathered from these pics:

The oriental language doesnt translate easily into other languages, especially English which has been adding words from many other languages into it for many hundreds of years.

This means the oriental languages have limits to them. English is a very popular second language in oriental countries, but the people only get a very, very basic working understanding of it and rarely get very good at English.

Because of this, the companies over there use english on products because English gives them more creative freedom when it comes to advertising products. This makes for many humorous and nonsensical combinations of the english language...called "engrish".

Some mistakes are from companies not wanting to spend money on a translators and instead uses "google translate" on the product.
http://adult.engrish.com/

fill your boots at this lovely site.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 20, 2011 at 11:24 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I've been around horses before, and don't particularly care for the aroma.

I think on failblog.org they had a picture of some Japanese product like air freshener or something, and it said "Pussy air" on it.

Could be a big seller.
You know the trend to get oriental symbol tattoos here in the U.S., even when people don't really know for sure what they mean? I wonder if people in Japan or China get tattoos of English words thinking they mean something other than what they mean? They think they're getting a tattoo that means "Strength and Power," but it really says "Titty fuck" or something.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WTF Photos (Humorous Edition) thesummerqueen 16 7022 October 26, 2012 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Most WTF University Advert Ever...thanks Australia. Tiberius 2 1862 February 19, 2012 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Violet
  Some WTF moments from Rye. Rev. Rye 4 2888 July 12, 2010 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye