Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be Aware On Celebrity social media pages.
Be Aware On Celebrity social media pages.
Whatever big name social media, like Facebook, or X or Insta or whatever. Be careful because there are a lot of scammers out there.

I was on the very real and very legit Agnetha Fatlskog's official Facebook Page with the blue checkmark. Agnetha is the blond female singer of ABBA. I got a blue "thumbs" up on that post. I shit my pants thinking it was the real Agnetha because it really was her official page with the blue checkmark. I had even double and triple checked the website I was on before I made that initial post. 

Well it turns out, if you merely hover over the thumb or heart or whatever emoji next to a post, it only gives you a name. What I did the next day was actually click on the blue thumbs up and a link popped up. I clicked on that link and the page looked completely different and no blue checkmark. I knew that second site was fake. I did not click on anything, didn't post anything and I especially did not give out any personal info in dm or pm. 

That fucker ruined my day. I seriously was crying out of joy for 24 hours thinking it was real, because I had longed to talk to one of them or get an autograph and hoped that they would reunite and go on tour all that 44 years I had known about them. That like was all I had. And that fucker took it away from me on HER LEGIT PAGE! 

FACEBOOK won't do shit about it. But the good thing is I didn't get scammed, but it still ruined my day.
RE: Be Aware On Celebrity social media pages.
(March 14, 2024 at 9:00 am)Brian37 Wrote: Whatever big name social media, like Facebook, or X or Insta or whatever. Be careful because there are a lot of scammers out there.

I was on the very real and very legit Agnetha Fatlskog's official Facebook Page with the blue checkmark. Agnetha is the blond female singer of ABBA. I got a blue "thumbs" up on that post. I shit my pants thinking it was the real Agnetha because it really was her official page with the blue checkmark. I had even double and triple checked the website I was on before I made that initial post. 

Well it turns out, if you merely hover over the thumb or heart or whatever emoji next to a post, it only gives you a name. What I did the next day was actually click on the blue thumbs up and a link popped up. I clicked on that link and the page looked completely different and no blue checkmark. I knew that second site was fake. I did not click on anything, didn't post anything and I especially did not give out any personal info in dm or pm. 

That fucker ruined my day. I seriously was crying out of joy for 24 hours thinking it was real, because I had longed to talk to one of them or get an autograph and hoped that they would reunite and go on tour all that 44 years I had known about them. That like was all I had. And that fucker took it away from me on HER LEGIT PAGE! 

FACEBOOK won't do shit about it. But the good thing is I didn't get scammed, but it still ruined my day.

That sounds extremely frustrating. I'm sorry that happened to you.

As disappointing as it was, you're probably right to get disillusioned about Facebook. The rich and famous might benefit by giving the illusion that they care about each and every one of us, but you know they have staff to do their social media, and it's very doubtful that Agnetha knows or cares what's happening on her page. 

You were smart not to get scammed. There are dangerous people out there.
Simple solution, don't use any of them.
Never faced a book!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

[Image: 120959736_4d4eb607df.jpg]

I’ve never been enamored enough of any celebrity to follow them on social media.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I only visit dead celebrity sites.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I only follow Kevin Sorbo
(March 14, 2024 at 9:39 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(March 14, 2024 at 9:00 am)Brian37 Wrote: Whatever big name social media, like Facebook, or X or Insta or whatever. Be careful because there are a lot of scammers out there.

That sounds extremely frustrating. I'm sorry that happened to you.

As disappointing as it was, you're probably right to get disillusioned about Facebook. The rich and famous might benefit by giving the illusion that they care about each and every one of us, but you know they have staff to do their social media, and it's very doubtful that Agnetha knows or cares what's happening on her page. 

You were smart not to get scammed. There are dangerous people out there.

Not always the case. Some celebrities do take time to talk to their fans on social media. But when they do, they do it in front of everyone, not in private, they do it on their own pages where everyone can see it, and it is the same account with the same avatar blue checkmark. And they will never ask for personal information in PM OR DM.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the world supply of bagels a good social measurement of sexual abuse worldwide or BananaFlambe 11 1040 December 4, 2023 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Have you used "social distancing concerns" as an excuse to avoid social events? Duty 10 574 September 16, 2020 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII