Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General seeking knowledge of fasting rituals related to ANY religion
General seeking knowledge of fasting rituals related to ANY religion
By definition of Religion I say any of the main A-Theist, Mono-Theist, Poly(plural nondescript included)-theist, Mono-laterist, and any religion who believes in any general "higher power" that meets all three main Omni defines in absoluteness regardless of moral correctness and resting entirely against the success rate.

More simply, why did Islam, Christians, and Hindus all engender a fasting ritual into some sort of demand period whether you liked it or not, because it was your "peoples" thing, and I would put thing in quotes too, but its the more vulnerable of subject words compared to peoples who fast with Hijabs for a helluva a lot more than 72 reasons.

Thanks
RE: General seeking knowledge of fasting rituals related to ANY religion
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasting_in_religion

You can ‘seek knowledge’ by Googling stuff.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 16, 2024 at 3:22 pm)Won2blv Wrote: By definition of Religion I say any of the main A-Theist, Mono-Theist, Poly(plural nondescript included)-theist, Mono-laterist, and any religion who believes in any general "higher power" that meets all three main Omni defines in absoluteness regardless of moral correctness and resting entirely against the success rate. Thanks

Did you read that before you posted it?
IKR? Real scream of consciousness stuff.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 16, 2024 at 5:18 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: IKR? Real scream of consciousness stuff.

Boru

Quote:By definition of Religion I say any of the main A-Theist,...and any religion who believes in any general "higher power"...
I think most religions are into purging, not fasting.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(March 16, 2024 at 3:22 pm)Won2blv Wrote: By definition of Religion I say any of the main A-Theist, Mono-Theist, Poly(plural nondescript included)-theist, Mono-laterist, and any religion who believes in any general "higher power" that meets all three main Omni defines in absoluteness regardless of moral correctness and resting entirely against the success rate.

More simply, why did Islam, Christians, and Hindus all engender a fasting ritual into some sort of demand period whether you liked it or not, because it was your "peoples" thing, and I would put thing in quotes too, but its the more vulnerable of subject words compared to peoples who fast with Hijabs for a helluva a lot more than 72 reasons.

Thanks

The properly functioning brain is the most energy hungry organ in the body.    So the interest of religion is served by starving the brain of energy.
(March 16, 2024 at 3:22 pm)Won2blv Wrote: By definition of Religion I say any of the main A-Theist, Mono-Theist, Poly(plural nondescript included)-theist, Mono-laterist, and any religion who believes in any general "higher power" that meets all three main Omni defines in absoluteness regardless of moral correctness and resting entirely against the success rate.

Thanks

Modern culture is about consumption.

Old timey religions hold that some things are more important than consumption.
(March 16, 2024 at 3:22 pm)Won2blv Wrote: More simply, why did Islam, Christians, and Hindus all engender a fasting ritual into some sort of demand period whether you liked it or not, because it was your "peoples" thing, and I would put thing in quotes too, but its the more vulnerable of subject words compared to peoples who fast with Hijabs for a helluva a lot more than 72 reasons.

Thanks

Why? Because it's stupid and religion prompts people to do stupid things like kill their children, burn books by scientists, kill people for adultery, starve themselves, etc.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(March 17, 2024 at 12:34 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:

Thanks

The properly functioning brain is the most energy hungry organ in the body.    So the interest of religion is served by starving the brain of energy.

Given the infrequency of fasting in most religions, this is probably not the case. In fact, in most Christian franchises, 'fasting' amounts little more than following a vegan diet. In many Eastern religions, it means skipping some meals.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking accredited history of the Hebrew characters... Won2blv 7 252 February 27, 2024 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: no one