Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The World's Transition to Renewable Energies
Rainbow 
The World's Transition to Renewable Energies
Solar energy production in Europe is going to reach the equivalent of 200 large Nuclear power plants in 2030. While some countries like Germany are stepping out of nuclear power, the overall tendency in the world is also to increase nuclear energy.

On the other hand, European solar panel manufacturers are unable to sell their solar panels because of cheaper Chinese solar panels on the market. Yet, China is also overproducing solar panels and is unable to sell all of its solar panels.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/china...00128.html

This does not make any sense since the number of Coal Plants in China is about 3000. India has 300, The US has about 200.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/8592...y-country/

Let’s forget about the environment. If the market is creating this surplus solar panels on its own, than what if we supported these industries by subsidizing them an encouraging the consumption of these solar panels all over the world (mostly in India and China).

The COP Climate summits are actually falling behind our current technological possibilities.
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

RE: The World's Transition to Renewable Energies
(March 24, 2024 at 8:12 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: The COP Climate summits are actually falling behind our current technological possibilities.

LOL, working as intended.  COP got captured by the fossil fuel industry, and they intend to have the next one in azerbaijan.

Long long ago, chinese companies captured the industry watchdog that compared panels and then kept lowering standards and fudging numbers to make their panels green, or as-green-as their competitors better made and pricier panels - thus beginning the chinese stranglehold on the solar market - a market fueled by human rights abuse and ecological devastation.  Now, today, they make some of the best panels in the world without question, and they'll do anything in their power to hold onto the dominant position they've built for themselves.

I'm not sure what doesn't make sense.  I assume you wonder why they can't offload all the panels when they have so much ff based electricity.  They use that cheap electricity from all of those coal plants to make a bunch of solar, that's one piece of why it's hard to compete.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!