Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] That Trans Thread 2.0
That Trans Thread 2.0
I just noticed that "That Trans Thread" has been dormant for over three months. So, I figured I may as well restart this thread. And I guess I'll start with this little incident, and maybe follow up with a bigger story that's more in my wheelhouse.

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: That Trans Thread 2.0
And now for a recent story you might not have heard about.

The funny thing is, if JoJo had just been mistaken and just taken the L as soon as it turned out she was wrong, I might have given her a pass on this incident. But she didn't. She just kept fucking doubling down on her horseshit.

Why would I have been willing to give her a pass? Well, I want you to imagine  what comes to mind when you think "Nazi Book Burning." Odds are, much of what comes to mind comes from photographs comes from a single incident on 10 May 1933. What's a bit more obscure is which books ended up in the fire that day. For the longest time, I just assumed that the lion's share were either by Jews or just by people the Nazis hated. 

The truth is, 20,000 of the books on the pyre that day (about 80% of the books estimated to be burned that day) came from one source: the library of Magnus Hirschfeld's Institut für Sexualwissenschaft. The IfS was the first sexology research centre on the planet, and, more to the point, the first transwomen to actually get sexual reassignment surgery actually did so under the auspices of the IfS. And, incredibly, they actually made a little bit of headway in the Weimar Republic. So, naturally, when the Nazis came to power, they put a stop to that.

I could understand if she was just ignorant of the history. Even with my obsession with this particular part of history, I didn't even know about the Magnus Hirschfeld of it all until, of all things, a review of Ilsa: She-Wolf of the SS pointed it out. It took until the release of The Danish Girl (as flawed a narrative as it is) for me to find out that trans folk were even a thing pre-Christine Jorgensen. If even I really had to dig fairly deep to discover that aspect, I'd have forgiven JoJo (at least in this incident) if she just hadn't done the research.

But she didn't. Even after people pointed her to more information, she kept doing it. The closest thing she came to conceding a point is saying that the Nazis were hunting "sexual degenerates" and that maybe some trans folk were caught up in that.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Rowling has become a nazi apologist. It's the trajectory of all the TERFs that didn't start as nazis (Kellie Jane Keane, I'm looking at you).
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
‘Gloucestershire nazis. I hate Gloucestershire nazis.’ - ‘Joliet’ Jake Blues

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] That Trans Thread LadyForCamus 536 41316 December 22, 2023 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Trans women banned from world chess LinuxGal 37 2860 October 15, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  No Trans In The Military Says Trump Amarok 314 60269 August 9, 2017 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Trans people & sports John V 312 49006 April 24, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Wanna have the physics, North Carolina? Better respect trans people... Alex K 115 12447 September 18, 2016 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Homeless teen wants to be first trans US President Foxaèr 1 1400 May 7, 2014 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Chad32