Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 10:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wanna have the physics, North Carolina? Better respect trans people...
Wanna have the physics, North Carolina? Better respect trans people...
In other news, the City of Charlotte just lost $5 Million in revenue because the APS cancelled plans to hold a large conference on Atomic physics there, because they want to provide a safe environment for trans physicists.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktake...h-carolina
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: Wanna have the physics, North Carolina? Better respect trans people...
That's awesome.
(August 8, 2016 at 7:54 am)Alex K Wrote: ... a safe environment for trans physicists.

I'm uncertain about this.  I thought physicists are only trans when they have been observed.

Huh
The PURPOSE of life is to replicate our DNA ................. (from Darwin)
The MEANING of life is the experience of living ... (from Frank Herbert)
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind ..... (from observation)
(August 8, 2016 at 8:08 am)DLJ Wrote:
(August 8, 2016 at 7:54 am)Alex K Wrote: ... a safe environment for trans physicists.

I uncertain about this.  I thought physicists are only trans when they have been observed.

Huh

You know, as soon as someone sees them walking through one of the restroom doors, the wave function collapses...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Schroegender's Cat certainly plays here.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 8, 2016 at 8:11 am)Alex K Wrote: You know, as soon as someone sees them walking through one of the restroom doors, the wave function collapses...

You can get pills for that.
(August 8, 2016 at 8:11 am)Alex K Wrote:
(August 8, 2016 at 8:08 am)DLJ Wrote: I uncertain about this.  I thought physicists are only trans when they have been observed.

Huh

You know, as soon as someone sees them walking through one of the restroom doors, the wave function collapses...

... which as Leviticus tells us, is an abomination!

Rolleyes
The PURPOSE of life is to replicate our DNA ................. (from Darwin)
The MEANING of life is the experience of living ... (from Frank Herbert)
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind ..... (from observation)
(August 8, 2016 at 7:54 am)Alex K Wrote: In other news, the City of Charlotte just lost $5 Million in revenue because the APS cancelled plans to hold a large conference on Atomic physics there, because they want to provide a safe environment for trans physicists.

In other news the sky is blue, the grass is green and North Carolina run by shit heads.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(August 8, 2016 at 8:13 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Schroegender's Cat certainly plays here.

Good one!!!
(August 8, 2016 at 7:54 am)Alex K Wrote: In other news, the City of Charlotte just lost $5 Million in revenue because the APS cancelled plans to hold a large conference on Atomic physics there, because they want to provide a safe environment for trans physicists.

Definitely welcoming news. What's not reported is the loss of conferences and businesses that don't even consider NC because of these laws. Although I suppose conference centres could report revenue being down.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] That Trans Thread 2.0 Rev. Rye 3 175 March 26, 2024 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 698 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  [Serious] That Trans Thread LadyForCamus 536 39713 December 22, 2023 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Trans women banned from world chess LinuxGal 37 2828 October 15, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  North Korea executed envoy for the failed summit with Trump. Anomalocaris 26 2116 June 2, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  knives don't stab people people stab people! Drich 135 5250 April 9, 2019 at 8:37 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  North Carolina orders new election. Brian37 4 567 February 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  We Need Better Leaders BrianSoddingBoru4 9 830 January 17, 2019 at 3:43 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  North By North Numbnuts, accomplishment. Brian37 7 1744 December 20, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I Knew Democrats Were Better! Minimalist 4 815 November 17, 2018 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Angrboda