Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:31 pm

Poll: Do you agree with the IOC position on trans athletes?
This poll is closed.
Yes, IOC has it right
30.00%
6 30.00%
No, if a trans person has an advantage, they shouldn't compete
45.00%
9 45.00%
Other
25.00%
5 25.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trans people & sports
Trans people & sports
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/health/tra...ersy-trnd/

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/34947...r-olympics

The IOC allows a person born male to compete as a woman if his/her testosterone is below a certain level for a year. 

Seems like BS to me. Lower testosterone for a year doesn't eliminate a lifetime of being a man. 

I get that the organizing bodies are in a bad spot. I'd think the best solution is for trans individuals who have an advantage should voluntarily abstain. But that apparently isn't happening.

Thoughts?
RE: Trans people & sports
Wtf is this obsession always with trans people on forums. And who gives a fuck about sports when the rate of murder, suicide, unemployment and abuse is so much higher?

Top athletes are all freaks anyway so why discriminate against one particular medical condition? What's bullshit s fixating just on m2f trans people.
Should genetic women who have an advantage abstain as well?
(March 29, 2017 at 7:30 am)Mathilda Wrote: Wtf is this obsession always with trans people on forums.

This. They think about this far more than I do and I'm living it. Get over yourselves.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I don't concern myself with sports drama. What ever rules they play by is up to them. 
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

I absolutely agree that people should not be allowed to participate in the Olympics.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

We already did this in another thread.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(March 29, 2017 at 8:35 am)mh.brewer Wrote: We already did this in another thread.

Yeah, but this is the most pressing issue of our time, so...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 29, 2017 at 7:30 am)Isis Wrote: Should genetic women who have an advantage abstain as well?

Since testosterone levels are the deciding factor, yes, maybe women with naturally high testosterone should have to compete with men.

Really there's no reason to even categorize it as men's and women's. Shouldn't it be high testosterone/low testosterone?
The U.S. military may be complicit in the death of over 100 civilians due to coalition air-strikes in Mosul as they battle ISIS, but what do you think of transgender females competing with the other females?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] That Trans Thread 2.0 Rev. Rye 3 183 March 26, 2024 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] That Trans Thread LadyForCamus 536 39789 December 22, 2023 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Trans women banned from world chess LinuxGal 37 2837 October 15, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Hail To A Name change..... Sports/NFL Brian37 44 1627 July 13, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Heineken pulls sponsorship from sports team Brian37 0 255 May 31, 2019 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Brian37
  knives don't stab people people stab people! Drich 135 5267 April 9, 2019 at 8:37 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  No Trans In The Military Says Trump Amarok 314 60073 August 9, 2017 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Wanna have the physics, North Carolina? Better respect trans people... Alex K 115 12353 September 18, 2016 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  John Oliver On the Crooked Corporate Sports Owners Minimalist 9 2332 July 26, 2015 at 1:30 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Homeless teen wants to be first trans US President Foxaèr 1 1397 May 7, 2014 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Chad32