Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is one of the best astronomy videos I've seen in a long time
This is one of the best astronomy videos I've seen in a long time

Let's see how many astronomical phenomena ou guys and gals can find.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: This is one of the best astronomy videos I've seen in a long time
Beautiful pictures:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlUlP4JUx6Y
The vid doesn't exist.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(April 18, 2011 at 9:51 pm)SpatiumTempusque Wrote: The vid doesn't exist.

Actually it does, but I think the mods must have taken it off due to copyright violations or something. Here is a link:

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap110418.html

Sorry about that.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
BBC blocked it! God damn it now I'm sad!
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(April 19, 2011 at 6:08 pm)SpatiumTempusque Wrote: BBC blocked it! God damn it now I'm sad!

Apparently so. Sorry folks. It was awesome, believe me.

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Fucking British Buttfucking Corporation!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Long March 5B Is Coming! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 2396 May 9, 2021 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Space-Time: The Bopdie Twins: If Space is Expanding Isn't Time Expandin Too? Rhondazvous 14 1732 August 2, 2017 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Global Warming: Long term observations yield unsurprising results popeyespappy 55 9474 March 14, 2015 at 7:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mars - Water from long long ago. Minimalist 3 1310 December 9, 2014 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Scientists Create never-before-seen Form of Matter AtheistCreed 10 4346 September 27, 2013 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  A little astronomy video I created orogenicman 16 4489 August 19, 2013 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  For Orogenicman: Best Astronomy Images 2012 thesummerqueen 1 1655 December 19, 2012 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  Sir Isaac Newton Time life magizines "Greatest scientific thinker of our time" franca 6 5886 October 6, 2012 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Hubble is dead, long live hubble 2, and hubble 3. Anomalocaris 5 2030 June 5, 2012 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Astronomy Picture Of The Day orogenicman 0 921 December 15, 2011 at 2:38 am
Last Post: orogenicman