Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space-Time: The Bopdie Twins: If Space is Expanding Isn't Time Expandin Too?
Space-Time: The Bopdie Twins: If Space is Expanding Isn't Time Expandin Too?
It seems like an obvious conclusion. Maybe. Could the acceleration be a difference in time as well as space?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Space-Time: The Bopdie Twins: If Space is Expanding Isn't Time Expandin Too?
That's probably why it would take more light years to travel further than closer.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Space-Time: The Bopdie Twins: If Space is Expanding Isn't Time Expandin Too?
My head says no, but that can't be trusted. Help Alex.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Since spacetime is one thing, I say yes!

Then again, I think headless chickens are remote controlled from the chicken cloud.... (I miss Rob)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
We don't see discontinuities in how fast supernovae erupt, for instance, even at great distances. So time 'works' normally everywhere we've looked so far.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Now that's a subtle topjc.

One of the many weird aspects of Einstein's General Relativity theory is that spacetime can be represented by vastly different coordinates. If one expresses spacetime using a so-called conformal time coordinate, time appears to be streteched along with space. That's not an observable effect and hence just convention. When we use physical processes within the universe such as atomic vibrations to obtain a time base, that's simply what we call the time. This notion of time by definition proceeds in a uniform fashion, and there's nothing we could compare it against to say that, really, time has stretched rather than or along with space.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

. . . and our universe might be 'leaking' time into n-dimensional branes . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Shy

Vorls, we are the leak from another dimension!

Species 8472 have done a deal with the Borg and are on their way to reclaim it....

Don't insure anything beyond 3 months!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Species 8472 is kinda hot . . .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  James Webb Space Telescope pics pocaracas 18 2210 December 8, 2022 at 3:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A Simple Demonstration of Space/Time Relativity Rhondazvous 14 2524 August 26, 2019 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Vince
  Are the Galxies Expanding? Rhondazvous 32 2728 April 10, 2019 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Space Shuttle video site zebo-the-fat 0 504 October 6, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  No perfect circles in space... Jehanne 42 7087 July 23, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Trump space force: US to set up sixth military branch zebo-the-fat 47 6897 June 22, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  What Does Gravity Have To Do WithThe Expanding Universe? Rhondazvous 42 5890 February 26, 2018 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How Do Scientists Know It's Space Expanding Not Galaxies Moving? Rhondazvous 43 9805 August 18, 2017 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Alex K
  POLL: Is Space Continuous or Discrete? Severan 4 1846 July 14, 2017 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  How is the Universe Expanding? Rhondazvous 48 16989 July 10, 2017 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris