Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
derren brown on faith healing. one to watch.
derren brown on faith healing. one to watch.
http://www.channel4.com/info/press/progr...-healer-pi

Quote:

Derren Brown: Miracles For Sale. Mon 25 April, 9pm, Channel 4.

Innovative entertainer Derren Brown returns to Channel 4 in a unique TV experiment lifting the lid on faith healing.

The one-off Easter Monday documentary special sees Derren go undercover to investigate the reality behind the faith healing phenomenon, in America, and the belief in faith-inspiring miraculous recoveries.

With the cameras in hot pursuit, Derren undergoes his toughest project yet, going in search of an unsuspecting member of the British public prepared to adopt the guise of a Pastor and miracle worker. His chosen one is then tasked with six months in which to learn the trade and flourish across the pond as a convincing Pastor.

The final phase of the volunteer's extraordinary challenge will see them attempt to perform faith healing miracles live in Texas - will Derren's new recruit be accepted as a faith healer or cast away as fake healer? Is the belief in divine intervention really justified or will Derren expose the industry as one giant hoax?

On his first TV pursuit into faith healing, Derren says 'You are about to see a world where greed and deceit raise their ugly heads, where lives have been needlessly lost and where hope, the most precious gift of all is pedalled at a price'.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: derren brown on faith healing. one to watch.
He's done some fucking good stuff in the past so I'm looking forward to it.

He always approaches topics in an entertaining way and hopefully he'll flush out some con artists who pray on the vulnerable in the process.
RE: derren brown on faith healing. one to watch.
Thanks for drawing my attention to this, I'd have missed it otherwise!

There was a program (I forget what it was) in which he did an interview with Richard Dawkins and showed him how "psychics" use cold-reading techniques and body language.

He's a smart guy, and fun to watch. Looking forward to this!
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I don't watch TV channels Interaktive 43 2986 January 27, 2023 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Anyone watch "Adam Ruins Everything"? Brian37 7 994 March 16, 2021 at 7:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Pastors losing faith (Vice) Fake Messiah 1 230 January 14, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Guys, Please watch this movie! I loved it. ignoramus 19 3145 September 1, 2017 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Foxaèr 21 5061 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Anyone watch h3h3productions? Heat 0 896 January 15, 2016 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Heat
Video You Gotta Watch Cinjin 5 1163 June 4, 2015 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Saxmoof
  Watch this guy rip on Duck Dynasty. Brian37 0 733 May 17, 2015 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  List the shows you watch Foxaèr 48 6222 March 10, 2015 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Man saves ducks, MUST WATCH! Brian37 10 2614 September 1, 2014 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13