Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 7, 2024, 8:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low retention rate among atheists.
Low retention rate among atheists.
In 2012, a Georgetown study indicated that only about 30 percent of those who grow up in an atheist household remain atheists as adults.

It seems that the majority of people raised as atheists, upon becoming adults, leave "the faith", and embrace faith in a Creator God.

Pew Research has indicated that Christianity's retention rate, by contrast, is over 80% in many countries, and even near 90 in some instances%: "Among people ages 30 to 49, the average country had a Christian retention rate (the percentage of people raised Christian who still identify as Christian) of 87%." 

Why is Christianity's retention rate so high, and atheism's retention rate so low? Isn't that consistent with Christianity being true, and atheism false?
RE: Low retention rate among atheists.
Yup............
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
And yet, in Western nations, Christianity is on the way out.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
Bye again Nishant.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

In a 2026 study from I Just Pulled These Stats Out Of My Ass University, only eleventy sixteenth of hoomans drink chocolate milk on Tuesdays. Is that because that's what time they drink it, or because they are actually masturbating?
On a Tuesday? That's disgusting!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

There's a low retention rate among atheists because we eat plenty of fibre.

I'd recommend a good laxative for Christians since so many are full of shit.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
Someone caught whoops upside the head!

I'm trying to figure out why Peter37 was banned.  He made just one post (the one at the top of this thread).  Everything he said in that post was reasonable.  The rules say that this is the forum to have serious discussions about religion vs. skepticism.  So, given that there is nothing particularly controversial about his post, why was he banned?
For the same reason you will be,Nishant. Stop it. You are not welcome here.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2345 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Apparently, I'm running low on atheist friends. Cobra Commander 5 1616 April 4, 2014 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Lightbulb How do you rate? Ryft 22 6501 September 23, 2009 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Amphora