Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparently, I'm running low on atheist friends.
Apparently, I'm running low on atheist friends.
Welp, tonight I realized that almost none of my internet friends are non-Christian.

I just came up with what I thought was a pretty cool premise for a novel, and there's almost no-one I can share it with without offending. Sad

I mean, I don't know if I can even talk to them anymore.

It sickens me to my stomach that religion is still a thing. Still out there, trying to get in the way of scientific and social progress.

The premise of my novel is that a hardcore christian accidentally gets sent to the distant future, in which mankind has transcended religion, a future I now fear may never come.

This must be what it feels like for them when they find out that one of their friends is gay.
RE: Apparently, I'm running low on atheist friends.
You've obviously failed at life then... Go http://www.meetup.com/ and fix it...
[can't seem to delete this, but consider it null]
The OP is an argument from ignorance and even a tad self centered..

Why can't you talk to them? either they are being unreasonable or you are. I not sure witch.

I mean if you can agree on other things that matter like helping others Then there should be no problem. Politics is another thing. It goes bad fast among the best of friends. I say "I believe that "your god" gave us the knowledge to kill to babies to help better the species".

I say people don't like scientist (Christians) because of what some scientist (Christians) do. I know I can be abrasive sand mean sometimes. That is independent of my beliefs
Make new friends.
Ninja Kai, would you mind reporting back on whether Meetup helped?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Christian friends SeniorCitizen 12 869 November 21, 2023 at 11:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Questions for your Religious friends. johndoe122931 100 5011 June 5, 2021 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Having religious friends when you're atheist Bahana 15 2580 March 10, 2019 at 1:37 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 6956 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Atheists: Can You Still Accept X'n Friends? Detachable 76 10736 August 12, 2016 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Jesster
  FB and Twitter/insta friends atheistinNYC 3 1027 November 30, 2015 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  AF friends, an opinion on Bible debate, please drfuzzy 25 5338 October 1, 2015 at 10:50 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Arguing w/ Religious Friends z7z 14 3386 June 5, 2015 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  Dealing with Religious Friends Holden Caulfield 9 2514 July 12, 2014 at 9:02 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Friends trying to 'save' me OGirly 30 6060 March 25, 2014 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: heathendegenerate