Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 7, 2024, 7:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello soulcalm17
Hello soulcalm17
Hello soulcalm17,
So, we were having a discussion on Youtube and since my and your posts get continually deleted, I suggested that we hold the conversation here since there are no robots.
You aren’t the first one who has mentioned this to me.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

We don’t need to copy all our replies from Youtube. That would take too much time and I think it is against the rules.
Anyone can respond here, whatever their beliefs are. It’s totally open.

So, here was my last reply on Youtube.

RE: Hello soulcalm17
Also, for future reference, I will use the words, god, alien, alien-god interchangeably.
All these words just mean that “it is some sentient being with very advanced technology”.
If the god character is omniscient, than naturally, he/it is a super genius and can invent any technology and he can use it.

The above is just a rough definition I made up. I don’t believe that such creatures exist. Reason: There is no evidence for any of that stuff.
Curious: If you think 'god is a meaningless word', why would you assign a meaning to the word 'god'?

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Well this looks strangely intriguing. Certainly an unusual way to get people to join.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 11, 2024 at 4:08 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Curious: If you think 'god is a meaningless word', why would you assign a meaning to the word 'god'?

Boru

It is a meaningless word when different people believe that the god(s) is a different thing.

Some people define it as the jewish god.
Some people say that the jewish god is sitting in a chair (Isaiah 6:1)
He has breath and lips. (Isaiah 11:4)
Some people say no. He has no body. The jewish god(s) is a spirit.

Some people say that the god(s) is a light.
Some say the god(s) is a spirit.
Some say that the god(s) is the sum total of the universe.
Some say that the god(s) are just humans from the distance future who went back to the past and initiated the start of the Big Bang.
Some say that we, all humans together, is the god character.
Some say that the god(s) is love.

So, the word means different things to different people.

On the other hand, look at the definition of the word potato. All humans can agree on what that is. There is no confusion. It is well documented. It is observable. You might even find it in some biology textbook.
The word potato also has more than one meaning, which confuses non native speakers.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hello Ferrocyanide, [url=https://atheistforums.org/user-12165.html][/url]
Okay, thank you for suggesting this venue. Hope it will run well.

I'm happy to give my opinion in here of course.

First question is about the blind people that came to Muhammad peace be upon him. 
This is Surah Abasa verse 1-12, the translation of the verses that depict the Muhammad peace be upon him situation is as follows:

1.He frowned and turned ˹his attention˺ away, 2. ˹simply˺ because the blind man came to him ˹interrupting˺, 3. You never know ˹O Prophet˺, perhaps he may be purified, 4. or he may be mindful, benefitting from the reminder. 5. As for the one who was indifferent, 6. you gave him your ˹undivided˺ attention, 7. even though you are not to blame if he would not be purified. 8. But as for the one who came to you, eager ˹to learn˺, 9. being in awe ˹of Allah˺,10. you were inattentive to him. 11. But no! This ˹revelation˺ is truly a reminder. 12. So let whoever wills be mindful of it.

Those verses revealed to Muhammad peace be upon him. Simply Muhammad taught Islam to some noble tribes polytheist figures at that time. But some ordinary blind person interrupt, the prophet didn’t give attention. So, Allah warned him. If Muhammad peace be upon him wrote those verses by himself, why did he embarrassing himself to public?

Second topic is about what is likely be the causing of the emerging of religion. Well, if I conclude you said that it actually came from: 
1. the curiosity of human (by them saying what makes the thunder, rain, etc)
2. the miseries of the people

Actually, it came from the assumption that the fundamental stuff is matter that can produce living creatures. While it didn’t support by any evidence in empirical reality. Logically, if we want to conclude that there were really no God, there should be no conversation of “God stuff” discovered since the human life. Why did early human fabricated or made the sophisticated thing about God that is powerful and omniscient, while they just face and understood their seen reality and can run their daily life (i.e by making simple tools for hunt, fire for cook, etc) without some divinity help?
You belief that the knowledge of humans must be developed from simple form to the sophisticated form, I guess. So, if someone just life on earth for the first time, I would think that they just face the reality, no time to contemplate about what "behind" things, because they just think simple. Whatever phenomena they deal with, that is what they overcome it. They face thunder that so frightening, so they just hiding and cover their ears. I they face raining, they will take shelter. These were what would they do because they had simple thinking.
Someone still argue that their misery in life made them make that God’s thing. Okay, if there were really no God, they must be just sad, mad, or fear, without referring their emotions for the supranatural thing. If you believe that early human must be less educated in science than modern human now, they will just have negative emotions without crafting some story of supranatural thing that required more intelligence to did that.

The fact is, the discoveries of artifacts always found that human always did many things with God’s stuff. I quoted article from Britannica Encyclopedia :”As far as scholars have discovered, there has never existed any people, anywhere, at any time, who were not in some sense religious”
If the theory of "human made their own God" is true and inline with the theory of evolution, it must be in early time in human life, that they didn't refer all the phenomena they faced to the supranatural thing. And later at some time, when their brain developed, they made that supranatural thing and created their own religion. But the discoveries proved otherwise.

Third topic is about my assessment on fundamental stuff. I need to clarify, in that post, I already assumed that those possibilities are “the final basic origin of universe” which atheist and theist stand at. And I can say, if you still investigate what is behind my fundamental stuff, it would be unfair. I’m also not asking you: who was made that fundamental matter/s? Because it’s logically inappropriate question.

And for your third possibility, I'm not going to ask what is behind it again. I just assess by observed nature: there were no example in nature that printer can produce living creatures.

Administrator Notice
Deleted duplicate post. 
Administrator Notice
Just a note.  You posted this once and it was caught by our spam filter then you posted it all again.   Please have a little patience with posting.

I will let the other staff members decide if both are to be considered spam.  Obviously the one hanging in the filter is.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Welcome soulcalm17.

I have a suggestion for you and Ferrocyanide. Ferrocyanide's claim of his ability to 'I can tell other people to not offend you. I can tell other people not to respond. In general, people are respectful there. Some try to be funny. I can tell them to not make funny comments.' might violate the forums rules. If you want to keep this discussion between the two of you I'd recommend using PM's. You'll find that function thru 'User CP'.

Hope you enjoy yourself here.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.