Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introductory Madness
Introductory Madness
Hello everyone! I'm Matthaios, a Jesus freak from the tea-imbibing capital of the world. I've been lurking around the last couple of days, made a brief visit to your Chat Room (which was much fun, you nutty bunch!) and it seems like a divine forum! Tongue I'm here simply to get to know the kinds of people that I would rarely encounter in the circles I move in, and to some extent to show you that not every "religious" person is intent on blowing up buildings, ranting stupidly about the age of the earth and evolution, mindlessly accepting every dogma shoved down their throats, etc.

My least favourite subject is me, so I'll refrain from giving you a full-blown biography... but if there are any particular things you are dying to know about me, this would be a good place to ask! Smile

Ciao for now,
Matthaios
RE: Introductory Madness
He seemed like an easy-going guy on chat. Smile

Welcome!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Heart I LOVE TURTLES Heart

Welcome Tiger
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Welcome along, and kudos to you for having the guts to admit that you are a freak :p
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Speaking for all the normal people on this forum I must say this trend is disturbing.
Welcome to the forums, feel free to jump right into a conversation you enjoy.
As for your aversion to talking about yourself, what is your specific religious background and what type of Church do you go to?

@Gawdzilla - which trend praytell would that be?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(April 30, 2011 at 7:15 am)tackattack Wrote: @Gawdzilla - which trend praytell would that be?

I have no idea what you're talking about.
This was what you said

(April 30, 2011 at 7:15 am)Gawdzilla Wrote: Speaking for all the normal people on this forum I must say this trend is disturbing.

Then I asked what trend you're referring to. Care to elaborate?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(April 30, 2011 at 7:15 am)Gawdzilla Wrote: Speaking for all the normal people on this forum I must say this trend is disturbing.

Since when have you been normal??

P.s Hi @ Mattie

From the best damn country on the planet.

Badger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 30, 2011 at 7:56 am)Zen Badger Wrote:

Since when have you been normal??

Somebody's always splitting hairs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Introductory T.J. 13 1242 November 11, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Introductory Post Radco 20 2230 January 1, 2015 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  An Introductory T.J. 26 2740 November 4, 2013 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Le new, completely original introductory topic.. le_procyon 6 2163 April 7, 2012 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: fuckass365