Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Forums: 2011 - 2012
Atheist Forums: 2011 - 2012
Firstly, apologies for not taking the time to do this sooner. I'm in the middle of exams and as such, time is limited. I will however be spending more time on the forums in the very near future.

Secondly, I want to thank everyone for all their donations. They were very much appreciated, and we now have the server for another year. If someone donated and didn't get their name turned green, please contact me via PM with the details of your donation (amount, email address, name, etc).

Last year saw the forums grow more and more, and with the acquisition of a proper dedicated server, we have the technology to expand into multiple new territories. 2011 is the year in which we do this.

I'm not going to reveal all of the ideas that the staff have been talking about behind closed doors, but I will mention a couple:

1) We will be (finally) upgrading the forum theme to the 1.6 version, which looks even prettier than the current one. I also intend to re-arrange some of the navigation links to make the site easier to use. The shoutbox will be returned to its former glory (with avatars), and will hopefully allow users to delete their own shouts.

2) A new forum blog will be created, using WordPress. This blog will be integrated into the forums, and will be available to certain members (i.e. those deemed eloquent enough) to write articles for. The blog will be a new medium for attracting members, and will also be a form of financial support via advertisements.

I've also updated the Mobile version of the site, which you can see if you have a mobile device with access to the internet. If you don't want to use the mobile version, you can turn it off by clicking the "Switch to Full Version" link at the bottom of any page, or by editing your account options.

We also appreciate any suggestions you may have for the site, so please share them with us if you have them.

-Adrian
RE: Atheist Forums: 2011 - 2012
Thanks for all the hard work you do, Adrian.

Angel Cloud
(May 13, 2011 at 9:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Thanks for all the hard work you do, Adrian.

Angel Cloud

Same here
undefined
Well.....except for the libertarian bullshit........
Though I am still in lurk mode, I like this joint. Smile
...bows to no god, kingdom, or state...
[Image: atheistforums_spacer_small.jpg]
Atheistforums.org 2011 : The "Give Me Lebensraum Or Give Me Death" Tour

ps. hai! doumo arigato.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Killing people is our least favorite thing to do.

I kinda expected more from the announcement (since this is what I already expected), but don't let that discourage the staff from making this a more interesting and more popular place Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
oh now don't you worry sae... we have a few surprises
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Thanks for the hard work and dedication guys Smile
(May 14, 2011 at 5:51 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Thanks for the hard work and dedication guys . . . and girl. Smile

I fixed that for you. Wink (Words in bold are mine.) Just kidding. I don't really do much. These guys are whizzes. Without them, this place would be a dump.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Future of the Forums (Discussion) Tiberius 130 19998 May 6, 2020 at 9:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 4) Tiberius 27 4809 April 27, 2019 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 1) Tiberius 201 26778 January 11, 2019 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 3) Forum Bot 33 6164 December 31, 2018 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  [Serious] Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 2) Tiberius 81 10799 December 19, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  User Suggestions for Future of Atheist Forums Shell B 47 7274 November 30, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Atheist Forums Financial Report 2017 Tiberius 12 3214 January 11, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: Sal
  Cards Against Atheist Forums Tiberius 32 15961 September 27, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheist Forums is now HTTPS only. Tiberius 19 3519 March 15, 2017 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Atheist Forums' 12 Days of Christmas Tiberius 19 4290 December 23, 2016 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady